Go Down

Topic: Is my Arduino fried? (Read 245 times) previous topic - next topic

I was testing a complex sketch on Arduino Uno which was working until I added a digital measurement of voltage across an external resistor to get the current. I use an external power supply of 12 V to power-up the circuit and a stepper down circuit for Arduino to give it 5 V. The ground is common. The voltage between the measured point and Arduino ground was 0,8 V (measured). The Arduino was plugged to the PC via USB. When I connected the 12 V power supply to 220V my PC shut down completely. I had to switch it on again with the power button.
The Arduino does nothing now. If I try to load a sketch I get "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00".
The L led is on, the power led is on, TX and RX are off even if I try to load something on it. The serial monitor opens but is completely empty, nothing is received and if I try to send something the RX does not flash.
I tried to replace the chip with a good one working on another project, nothing change, still the same.
I am wondering about what else could be broken?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy