Go Down

Topic: Project 07 - Missing tone (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

I am a complete noob to arduino and close to one in electronics. I was following along with Project 07 and when I was done, I got a tone on switch 1, 3, and 4 but no tone on switch 2. I get appropriate numbers in the Serial Monitor for the three switches that work but zeros on the monitor for switch 2. I get the same thing from the code I wrote and the downloaded version that came with the starter kit so I am assuming the problem is a hardware issue. I checked and compared my layout with the one in the book several times and it seems right. I swapped out the 220 ohm resister and the switch but no help. I also moved the switch around on the breadboard but still no tone. Since I am just playing and learning, it is not a big deal and I will probably just move on to the next project. However, I would like to know what I did wrong. Any ideas?

Jim, it could help if you post a photo of your circuit to check once again. I just finished this project and everything occurred fine, I just need to comment the two first rows of the book's code.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131