Go Down

Topic: h bridge and dc motor (Read 378 times) previous topic - next topic

timmie

Hello,

for my project i am using a small dc motor, works good on 3 volts. We are using a l293 h bridge to control the direction. We have the same thing with a 12 volt dc and 12 volt electromagnet, they work like a charm. But the small one doesnt work and the h bridge gets so hot I burned my fingers. I am absolutely sure the wiring is correct because it is the same as the other motor. I tried switching h bridges and I tried a l293dne h bridge, which i think is the same. Code is as simple as possible, write one pin high and the other low.
Power source provides 3 volts (also tried with higher voltages) and maximum 2 A.
The motor works when the power is direct to it. Last time I measured the values on the dc with h bridge was 0.5V but I also saw 3V once.

Should I go with relais or something?

thanks

HazardsMind

May 30, 2013, 02:05 pm Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 03:00 pm by HazardsMind Reason: 1
Can you take some pictures of your setup, and a schematic?

It will need a heat sink. check this link.
My GitHub:
https://github.com/AndrewMascolo?tab=repositories

Henry_Best

Hello,

for my project i am using a small dc motor, works good on 3 volts. We are using a l293 h bridge to control the direction. We have the same thing with a 12 volt dc and 12 volt electromagnet, they work like a charm. But the small one doesnt work and the h bridge gets so hot I burned my fingers. I am absolutely sure the wiring is correct because it is the same as the other motor. I tried switching h bridges and I tried a l293dne h bridge, which i think is the same. Code is as simple as possible, write one pin high and the other low.
Power source provides 3 volts (also tried with higher voltages) and maximum 2 A.
The motor works when the power is direct to it. Last time I measured the values on the dc with h bridge was 0.5V but I also saw 3V once.

Should I go with relais or something?

thanks

3V motors don't work (reliably) with the L293.
See http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=26873 for more info.
The Adafruit Motor Shield uses L293s

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy