Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Uno read multiple color cameras  (Read 356 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I am fairly new to robotics so I apologize if this question sounds naive. Anyway, I am trying to attach 3 color cameras to a robot so that I can perform image processing in 3 different directions at once. First, I was wondering if this sort of setup is possible using a Arduino Uno board. Second I was wondering what other hardware I would need to allow processing of multiple cameras. Are there any shields that would allow for this? Finally, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on color cameras to use.

Thank you,
Julia

Edison Member
View Profile

This is totally impossible with an Arduino or a shield. You would need something with a *lot* of horsepower (and memory/disk space!) to process color images of any decent resolution.

Hint: First just write code on a PC to do what you want, then figure out how to get it into a robot.

Queens, New York
Faraday Member
"Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most" -Ozzy Osbourne
View Profile

The arduino is not capable of dealing with video signals nor perform image processing. You can use the arduino to active servos, dc motor and other sensors to direct the cameras but thats about it. The arduino just does not have the memory need to handle video. What you can do is get a Raspberry Pi to capture the video or even a small computer/laptop and process it and again, use the arduino for other simpler things. Thats about it.

Created Libraries:
NPV2 (NewPasswordV2),  TFT_Extension, OneWireKeypad, SerialServo.
Will provide libraries if asked in PM or forum.

View Profile

Okay, good to know. Thanks both of you for your help. I will go and check out the Raspberry Pi.

Poole, Dorset, UK
Edison Member
View Profile

Take a look at open computer vision, which has the sofware you want and look at using WiFi cams.

Mark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: