Go Down

Topic: [Update] Tellurium: serial monitor (Read 11615 times) previous topic - next topic

aarondc

Yeah this is definitely what I am seeing. Taking it low and then high resets no problems. Working on it.
Windows serial port monitor: Tellurium | Arduino serial port debugging library: DBG | Cusom LCD char generator | Technical questions will only be answered in forum threads

Graynomad

BTW, nice feature to have the option to connect without resetting.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

aarondc

Thanks. It was the first thing  I made optional.

Ok. So I updated the PurgeComm call to

PURGE_RXCLEAR OR PURGE_RXABORT

and it doesn't seem to work. That should purge the Rx buffer and cancel - immediately - any Rx operation.

As documented here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa363428%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

PURGE_RXABORT: Terminates all outstanding overlapped read operations and returns immediately, even if the read operations have not been completed.

This may also be why I have been experiencing anomalies elsewhere.

I'll keep working on it but can't promise a fix tonight.
Windows serial port monitor: Tellurium | Arduino serial port debugging library: DBG | Cusom LCD char generator | Technical questions will only be answered in forum threads

aarondc

I need to dig into the serial monitor from Arduino, coz its reset is far more effective than simply bouncing the DTR line. Eesh.

Graynomad

can't promise a fix tonight

No rush, it is quite usable as is and it's not like I paid a fortune for it :)

_____
Rob

aarondc

roflcopters.

So I read the source for Serial Monitor. Java. Ew.

Nothing.

Read the source for Serial. More Java. Ew.

Nothing.

Managed to find a hint to RxTx and downloaded the source for that, with a quick look at Serial Monitor behaviour when resetting (eg: select the same baud rate in the drop down to trigger a reset) and I think I have managed to work something out...

Intuition can be a wonderful thing, sometimes...

aarondc

I had the reset working last night, consistently and beautifully.

Turn the Uno on this morning and no longer the case.

Graynomad

aarondc

Jun 28, 2013, 04:21 pm Last Edit: Jun 28, 2013, 04:30 pm by aarondc Reason: 1
When things aren't panning out, I tend to do something that I know will work.

The memo annoys me, as the font (Courier New) should render every character with the same width, but this memo doesn't. Fancy shmancy. May revert to a vanilla memo and see if it fixes it. Later.

Graynomad

aarondc

Thanks. Turns out any memo is going to display the funny characters like that.

Also: FPGAs have really got me thinking... :D

Graynomad

Also: FPGAs have really got me thinking

Yes so I see.

_____
Rob

aarondc

I compiled a sketch via command line today. It's possible I might reinvent the wheel and throw together a little windows editor for Arduino development...

pito

Jul 01, 2013, 06:28 pm Last Edit: Jul 01, 2013, 07:01 pm by pito Reason: 1
It takes 32seconds to start the Tellurium monitor (latest, XP SP3). Maybe a similar issue as the one with the IDE and Bluetooth dongle connected (new rxtxSerial.dll needed)?

PS: it does not work with Bluetooth COMs. It shots down the BT COM driver (teraterm and IDE serial work fine via BT).

aarondc

thanks for the feedback. when you say bluetooth dongle, what do you mean?

i have not tested with BT, but it's definitely on the list.

an embarrassing startup time!

Go Up