Go Down

Topic: Problem, Error While Upload to iTead iBoard (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

antpman

I have this problem while trying to upload a sketch to an iTead iBoard.  I am a noob that bought both an arduino uno kit and the iboard.

I have been able to program and upload to the uno with no issues so far.

I get the following error while trying to upload to the iboard.  I have tried the same code that has loaded into the uno.
Code: [Select]
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

A quick google search told me it is a communication error with the board.  Possibly that I am selecting the wrong board.  I have selected "Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328" based on suggestions from the internet.  I have tried others just for good measure.

I have checked my serial connection and believe that the drivers are properly installed.  Unlike the uno kit, the iboard requires their FOCA programmer to interface with the board.  I show the driver provider as FTDI. 

I also tried changing the buad rate in the the device hardware section for the port.

I don't know what else to try.  Any suggestions are welcome.

CrossRoads

Burn a known bootloader into the microcontroller?
Or, keep guessing until you find one that works.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

ITead

Hi,

1. You need to make sure that you have installed the right driver for the FTDI chip or our FOCA board - if you can find the port in the IDE, there should not be any problem.

2. You should choose the "board" - > "Arduino Dumilanove or Nano w/ ATmega328" instead of the "Arduino UNO" - because the bootloader in IBoard is not UNO'
Itead Studio - Make innovation easier

antpman

Update.  It looks like its my FOCA board.  I borrowed a friends and was able to upload a sketch with no problems.

antpman

Just got another one off of amazon because I didn't want to wait for the one to come in from iTead all the way from China.  It is giving me the same error!  Seriously iTead, WTF?  I know its not a process issue as my friends borrowed FOCA still works fine.

Go Up