Go Down

Topic: wierd running of motors using arduino and l293d (Read 2781 times) previous topic - next topic

6 and 7 goes to the input pins 1 and 2 while, 10 and 11 go to the input pins 3 and 4(on the other side of the ic...)

This, to me, sounds like you don't know how to count pins on a DIP IC.

First - locate the dot or notch on the end of the IC. Place the IC on its "legs" with that end facing away from you.

Now - if it is a dot - sometimes it will be close to the left edge of the IC as oriented - that is "pin 1" of the IC.

If it is a notch (or similar), the left-most pin at the end with the notch/dot will be "pin 1" of the IC.

Pin 2 of the IC is the next pin on the left-side.

Continue counting down the left side - when you reach the last pin on the left side, then next pin in the count will be on the right side, at the -bottom- of the IC.

Continue counting up the right side, until you reach the last pin.

Thus - on an 8-pin DIP IC - pin 1 is opposite pin 8, pin 2 is opposite pin 7, etc.

On a 28 pin DIP IC (like the ATMega328) - pin 1 is opposite pin 28, pin 2 is opposite pin 27, etc.

In other words, it's a counter-clockwise pattern.

See this diagram for details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_in-line_package#Orientation_and_lead_numbering
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Thanks for the help, cr0sh, but i do take care of the pin numbering and always refer to a datasheet/ pinout diagram and work on the circuit. But sill i might have gone wrong wile building that, so lemme rebuild the circuit and try again....

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131