from arduino due prototype to production

hi everyone,
I ave a project in mind and i'm using arduino due to prototype. my question is how can i pass from the DUE schematic to the 'MyProject' schematic? what can i take off from the board? what do i need to leave instead?

For example is the ATMEGA16U2 necessary?

aureliusss:
hi everyone,
I ave a project in mind and i'm using arduino due to prototype. my question is how can i pass from the DUE schematic to the 'MyProject' schematic? what can i take off from the board? what do i need to leave instead?

For example is the ATMEGA16U2 necessary?

Necessary depence on what you want with the ATMega16U2 can you use the Arduino IDE for automatic programming with the nativ USB-Port you need to clear the SAM by hand.

But necessary is only the SAM the USB-Connector on the nativ port and some wires to ground, if I right the SAM also did not need an external crystal instead.

what i mean is: after i have my protype full working how can i pass to a product? i'd like to remove all the usb ports with the chip already programmed.

something like you did with avrdude for arduino UNO.
i hope i have been clear

You have to program the SAM somehow, so you have to have the USB port, a JTAG header or a USB/serial dongle that connects to the SAM's UART. Which you use may depend on what hardware is already used by your application.

As for the circuit, you can remove most of the stuff on the Due board and there are a couple of threads running (with example schematics IIRC) about this.

Once again what you can remove depends on what your application does.

Rob

Graynomad:
As for the circuit, you can remove most of the stuff on the Due board and there are a couple of threads running (with example schematics IIRC) about this.

where are these threads?

btw my application needs only digital input and output, and a bluesmirf from sparkfun connected to serial port(14/15 pins).
To rewrite the code i left the usb programming port which i'd like to use even as recharge circuit for the battery: is this possible?

I can't find the threads and the search is useless, there have been 2 I think, you'll just have to trawl through the Due board.

i left the usb programming port

By the "programming port" you mean just the USB socket, no electronics?

recharge circuit for the battery

What battery, we know nothing about the circuit. If it's a car battery no, a coin cell probably.

did not need an external crystal instead.

You can use the internal oscillator I think but you'll have to change the system init code, I doubt the standard Arduino version will work.

Rob

By the "programming port" you mean just the USB socket, no electronics?

i meant that i left all the electronic associated with the programming port, i hope it works

What battery, we know nothing about the circuit. If it's a car battery no, a coin cell probably.

i should use a Lion battery to power the whole system, so i was wondering if it is possible to recharge this battery through the programming port

P.s. i attached the eagle sch

dbglove.sch (1.28 MB)

Take a look at the Taijiuino board.. It is a Due Clone. See what they removed of the programming port.

which battery i should use? i have one Li-on 3.7V is it ok? or should i use at least a 7V battery?

EDIT: i just saw the Arduino FIO: can I take its charging circuit and put it in my sch?