Go Down

Topic: Sim Card switcher for usb dongle using (Read 397 times) previous topic - next topic

total365

Hey guys, sorry to be a little demanding since I am new. I am quite prepared to but the time in and do more research and learning before asking for any more guidance I would like to know the feasibility of the project. I have stumbled across arduino before and thought It would be a pretty cool to get into in the future but hopefully it could be made part of my current project.

What I would like to do is using a standard 3G usb dongle, several 3G sim cards, several sim card holder trays, and a audrino kit with a 16 channel relay board I would like to make a automated sim card switcher.

I was thinking maybe unpower the usb, change the sim card, repower. Also would I be able to get away with 1 relay per sim?

Im sorry if this is a really silly question, I would be willing to put the time and effort in but don't wanna waste time if it is obvious to you guys that its a non starter.

Basically would rather invest the money into audrino to have fun with future projects, than the alternative of buying 16 or so dongles which are ~£10 each anyway.

Thanks alot for your input.

Henry_Best

Hey guys, sorry to be a little demanding since I am new. I am quite prepared to but the time in and do more research and learning before asking for any more guidance I would like to know the feasibility of the project. I have stumbled across arduino before and thought It would be a pretty cool to get into in the future but hopefully it could be made part of my current project.

What I would like to do is using a standard 3G usb dongle, several 3G sim cards, several sim card holder trays, and a audrino kit with a 16 channel relay board I would like to make a automated sim card switcher.

I was thinking maybe unpower the usb, change the sim card, repower. Also would I be able to get away with 1 relay per sim?

Im sorry if this is a really silly question, I would be willing to put the time and effort in but don't wanna waste time if it is obvious to you guys that its a non starter.

Basically would rather invest the money into audrino to have fun with future projects, than the alternative of buying 16 or so dongles which are ~£10 each anyway.

Thanks alot for your input.

Why not have all the SIM cards powered and just change the i/o line to the one you want to use? You can then use a 74HCT4067 to select which of the 16 SIMs you want to use. A 74HCT4076 will need 4 address pins and one enable pin. Connect your i/o directly to the i/o pin of the 74HCT4076.

total365

Why not have all the SIM cards powered and just change the i/o line to the one you want to use? You can then use a 74HCT4067 to select which of the 16 SIMs you want to use. A 74HCT4076 will need 4 address pins and one enable pin. Connect your i/o directly to the i/o pin of the 74HCT4076.

Thank you very much for your reply. So when you say power all sim cards would something like using a NCN4555 for each sim card be the best way to go? Or would something like a TDA8026 be a better route to go down.

Cheers

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy