Go Down

Topic: Hard erase and programming port (Read 730 times) previous topic - next topic

lemkel

Hello,

I have looking through google and saw several answer about this related "erase button" subject, but I didn't find an answer corresponding exactly to my question.

Just a little context:
I have a "Arduino Due" which is connected to my laptop (a basic Ubuntu 12.04) on "programming port", Arduino IDE 1.5.2.
When I want to send a sketch on the Arduino's microcontroller, I need before the upload to press on the "erase button". If I didn't press on it, an error message appears saying "No device found on ttyACM0" (my arduino is rightly connected on this ttyACM0...).
If I press on the erase button and upload, then there is no problem ; The sketch is correctly upload on the Arduino.

So my question is: Do I need to press the erase button before uploading a sketch everytime ?
I thought that the IDE do it itself (software erase) ; But it seems not.

Regards,

Laurent.

Graynomad

The onboard ATMega16U2 is supposed to "press" the erase button for you using a FET across the switch.

You say "Arduino Due", does that means it's not an official board, maybe yours doesn't have that feature, or maybe something is broken.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

lemkel

Ok, but when the  onboard is supposed to perform the erase operation ?  When it detects the upload of a sketch ?

What do you mean by "not an official board" ? In my case, it's exactly the same that here: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoDue .
I don't think that something is broken, I have 2 boards and the same behaviour happens with both.

Graynomad

when the  onboard is supposed to perform the erase operation ?  When it detects the upload of a sketch ?

Yes, AFAIK.

What do you mean by "not an official board" ?

You put the words 'Arduino' and 'Due' in quotes, that would normally indicate that it's not a real one.

I have 2 boards and the same behaviour happens with both.

Then I can' t explain it, maybe some quirk of running under Ubuntu.

_____
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

lemkel

Ok, my double quote was just a mistake.

I will try with Windows, maybe it will works. However, I noticed that the Arduino IDE 1.5 is not a stable version ... maybe a side effect, idk.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy