Go Down

Topic: Problem with LT1639 Op-Amp (Read 594 times) previous topic - next topic

ichris93

I am using an Arduino to control a DAC which is then used in conjunction with an LT1639 for a gain of 2.4.  The LT1639 is connected to a 24VAC power supply.

When first giving power, the DAC will send 5V to the LT1639 and I should get 12V back from the LT1639, which I do if I have the multimeter connected before power up.  But if I short it to ground or check it after start up it will show a reading of 1.3V until I cycle the power.  What could be causing this?  I already replaced the op-amp once. 

Thanks!

ichris93

I emailed LT and this is the response I got

Are you using a single 24V supply, or +/-12V?  If single supply, then you are probably running into an output swing issue.  On page 4 of the data sheet, the typical output short circuit current is listed as 20mA on a 5V supply.  The Output Saturation Voltage vs Load Current (Output High) graph on page 8 shows the output saturation voltage approaching 1V at 10mA output current so I would not be surprised to see it at 1.3V when the output is shorted and driving 20+mA with a 24V supply.  Can you use a negative rail to allow more headroom and provide a load to limit the current?

I am only using a single 24V supply. 

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy