Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33   Go Down
Author Topic: Feeling interest for a WiFi shield  (Read 28331 times)
U of A, Tucson, AZ
Hello World
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I've loaded the new version with wireless_mode defined.  Still only getting the first request successfully.  Subsequent requests fail.  For what it's worth, here's what is being reported by the serial.print()s:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.0.1.50
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092414 Firefox/3.0.3
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Connection: keep-alive

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.0.1.50
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092414 Firefox/3.0.3

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: text/html

<center><p><h1>Hello World!! I am WiShield</h1></p></center>.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092414 Firefox/3.0.3

I will play some more with it tomorrow.  Woot, always fun being an early adopter.  smiley-grin
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 12:39:22 am by estranged » Logged

Denmark (Europe)
Electronics Designer & Consultant
View Profile

I know IP and MAC adresses normally hasn't anything to do with eachother, but at my home it has (also like estranged - he is also using the MAC filter)
I'm using the MAC adress to check if the computer is know, and then the computer gets the same IP adress everytime!

So... I would like to know, if the MAC in the WiShield is unique, so it can't be changed? As it isn't unique in the Arduino Ethernet Shield (Wiznet)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:37:51 am by tkj » Logged

Need any help with your electronics projects?
TKJ Electronics, a consultancy company located in Denmark (Europe), has the required ex

San Jose, CA USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

The MAC address is programmed unique from the factory of my Wi-Fi module supplier.  So MAC filtering should work fine, however, since the out of the box solution is only using static IP addresses, this is less of a concern since the address you supply in the sketch will be the address used.

As an exercise to the user later, the function zg_get_mac() should give you the info you need.  8-)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 02:54:59 am by asynclabs » Logged

Denmark (Europe)
View Profile

Ahh good smiley
Also, my next question would have been: "Then where can I find it's MAC?" - But you answered it, even before I've asked smiley-razz

TKJ Electronics, a consultancy company located in Denmark (Europe), has the required ex

San Jose, CA USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Ok, new code drop (just stack code changes from my last message about new code).  The code can handle multiple GET requests without causing the lockup.  I was able to test it with both an unsecured and WPA2 secured network on Firefox.  Safari on my Mac still is giving me issues.
One of the fixes we put in is temporary until we understand TCP a bit more.  
Anyway, give it a shot.  It should be more stable now.  smiley  

Time for some shut eye now.

Boston
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Awesome, got mine working.  I am able to ping it now and see the webpage with Firefox.  Great work!

U of A, Tucson, AZ
Hello World
View Profile

Ahh good smiley
Also, my next question would have been: "Then where can I find it's MAC?" - But you answered it, even before I've asked smiley-razz

The MAC is also printed on top of the actual wifi module.  Took me a while to find that too.

U of A, Tucson, AZ
Hello World
View Profile

The code can handle multiple GET requests without causing the lockup.  I was able to test it with both an unsecured and WPA2 secured network on Firefox.  Safari on my Mac still is giving me issues.

Confirmed that the new code allows for multiple requests / reloads on Firefox.  However 1 request from Safari works, then subsequent requests fail from anything.

Tested on a WPA Personal network.

Keep up the good work, and yes get some sleep. smiley

God Member
skcor oniudrA
View Profile

Safari might be a bit particular about the html served, try this in WebServer.pde

Code:
const prog_char webpage[] PROGMEM = {"HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nContent-Type: text/html\r\n\r\n<body><center><h1>Hello World!! I am WiShield</h1>"};
const prog_char webpage1[] PROGMEM = {"<h2>This is line 2</h2></center></body>"};

<h1> in between a <p> tag isn't valid html. I don't have a shield yet to test it but its worth a try if you run out of other ideas = )

Denmark (Europe)
View Profile

As I haven't recieved the module yet, I would like to ask if you can use the browser on an iPod Touch or iPhone (I have seen you have done it, Brad - but without the multiple request problem?)
It's because the iPod Touch and iPhone uses Safari as browser!

Frell, Frack, Smeg
View Profile

As an exercise to the user later, the function zg_get_mac() should give you the info you need

I'm missing something here, I've tried this and cant get it to compile, tried #include <g2100.h> and still it cant see it.  I'm sure I'm running into a "trying to remember C/C++" issue but I'm stuck.

U of A, Tucson, AZ
Hello World
View Profile

As I haven't recieved the module yet, I would like to ask if you can use the browser on an iPod Touch or iPhone (I have seen you have done it, Brad - but without the multiple request problem?)
It's because the iPod Touch and iPhone uses Safari as browser!

Mobile Safari does not seem to have the problem that desktop Safari does.  I'm able to reload the page multiple times just fine on my iPhone.

San Jose, CA USA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

So we took a wireless sniffer to the module when the Safari client comes in to access the arduino, and it seems that the client is doing something that it shouldn't be doing.  We're still debugging.

San Jose, CA
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I'm missing something here, I've tried this and cant get it to compile, tried #include <g2100.h> and still it cant see it.  I'm sure I'm running into a "trying to remember C/C++" issue but I'm stuck.

g2100.h is not a library header file and the Arduino IDE will not be able to find it. You can print out the MAC address on the terminal by inserting #include "g2100.h" in the WiShield.h file and inserting the following code in the while(1) loop in the WebServer sketch.

Code:
if (zg_get_conn_status()) {
      // read MAC address from device
      my_mac = zg_get_mac();
      Serial.print("MAC : ");
      for (i = 0; i < 6; i++) {
            Serial.print(my_mac[i], HEX);
      }
      Serial.println();
}

This shows how you can use the other functions defined in stack(stack.c) and driver(g2100.c) files. If you are just trying to find out the MAC address, it is also printed on the label on the WiFi module.

-Ben

Arduino rocks
View Profile

@BenQuark

Can you provide a snippet that shows where the #include "g2100.h" should be inserted in WiShield.h? I tried, but can't get Arduino IDE to compile.

I get a long list of errors related to WiShield.h

In file included from hardware\libraries\WiShield/WiShield.h:38,

hardware\libraries\WiShield/g2100.h:208: error: 'u8' does not name a type

hardware\libraries\WiShield/g2100.h:209: error: 'u8' does not name a type

hardware\libraries\WiShield/g2100.h:210: error: 'u8' does not name a type

etc...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33   Go Up
Jump to: