Go Down

Topic: HELP NEEDED: Sockets and sending serial info over the web to an Arduino???? (Read 475 times) previous topic - next topic

Keith Brown

I have a question: I built an Arduino serial joystick project. And what I'm trying to do now is find a reliable way to broadcast the serial information from the joystick over the internet where a second computer or the Arduino itself captures the info (a struct of ints) and controls a few servos.

What i have now (using python) I am able to use TCP Sockets to a dns server and ping the same computer (so the server and client script are running on my mac) and everything works great (or greater than expected). BUT when I try to run the server/client on two different machines i get a pickle load EOFError. I'm not even sure if this is the way I'm supposed to do this (I've only been programming in python for about 3 weeks total)

Do you have any suggestions on how i can send Joystick information from one computer to another computer (anywhere on the net - RELIABLY) that has my Arduino project attached to it.

I'm using pySerial, pyGame libraries to get the joystick information.

Can you please help a Noob?

Keith
PS here is a video of it working before the TCPIP hack job:
http://vimeo.com/37023446

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy