Go Down

Topic: Open Location Android app - Feedback wanted! (Read 323 times) previous topic - next topic

mbparks

Jun 07, 2013, 06:00 am Last Edit: Dec 16, 2013, 04:07 am by mbparks Reason: 1
Hello all!  I created an Android app to help me with a project (a reverse geocaching box).  Basically I had a Bluetooth shield but nothing with GPS.  I also wasn't sure if the Arduino could handle the math involved with calculating geographic distances.  But I knew my Android phone could.  So I created "Open Location" for my own purposes.  You enter a desired lat/lon and radius.  When you get within the radius of the lat/lon coordinates I simply send a different character over Bluetooth serial to my Arduino device.  More detail on the site, but looking for feedback on the app.  Realize this my first Android app and I am mostly a hardware guy so the app ain't pretty!  Thanks!  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_mbparks.OpenLocation2

Basically looking to see if this "proof of concept" app could be rewritten to provide real value.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy