Go Down

Topic: Arduino touchleless video game controller - Project Notouch (Read 26 times) previous topic - next topic

parekk

Project Notouch
Arduino touchless game controller

Hi! I would like to show you Project Notouch. It's touchless video game controller. I work on it with my brother for about two months.

Video of our current prototype: https://youtu.be/8yFdS2taUHk

We create it, because we would like to find out, how can custom controllers affect design of videogames. Our goal is to build our own controller and create some nontraditional video game, which will be controlled by it. We will also share tutorials.

Notouch consists of several sensors. Each sensor has IR LEDs and IR photodiode.  If you put hand in front of sensor, the IR light from LEDs is reflected to photodiode. It creates a small amount of voltage just like solar panel which we can measure and then send as info to PC . This is how hands are detected. Sensors will be arranged to some shape. We still don't know which exactly, however we think about some circular or linear shape. We will decide according to the game and behavior of sensors.

We have five sensors currently. There will be more of them soon. We also work on sending data from sensors to PC. It looks like it's on the right track.
You can see our progress on Trello. You can also comment our tasks there (if you have Trello account).

For more information visit our websites and Trello where you can also comment our tasks there (if you have Trello account).

We are brothers Lukáš and Petr Marek.

Cross your fingers, this is the first time we work with Arduino. We'll let you know about our further progress  ;)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy