Go Down

Topic: multiplexing and max/msp ? a survey (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

boligrafoe

unplugged d0 and d1 programmed it and then replugged them both in? cool. however still no print out in arduino.app when i twist the pot. typically i see a stream of data in the sketch window when i test stuff like this? but i haevtn really looked at this guys code to see if thats how its setup.

by the way youre a champ for helping me with all of this jazz!

i forgot to mention on the last image i took out the pot to make it less confusing looking.

Daniel

Sep 23, 2007, 04:56 am Last Edit: Sep 23, 2007, 05:04 am by Daniel Reason: 1
whew

i think we can just thank god that you didn't blow up...:)
It only too me two minutes to help, as I'm designing a web site and when my email went 'ding' it was a good distraction.  I guess that's what the team means by the "support" that they provide for official Arduino products.... i.e. support by someone other than the team.  ;D  Ok, ok , they're paying for the hosting.

beginSerial(9600);

that's wrong, check the reference and comment out the other serial command and it should work.

You're on your own now, Vancouver sushi is calling.

D

boligrafoe

right on man? have poke roll for me ;] i think im gonna quit for the night too. hopefully we can get this crap rolling soon.

boligrafoe

hmm what makes you think that the 9600 baud was incorrect. i really have no idea what it should be if thats wrong. i basically just copy pasted the text from the tutorial.

however that said, when i uncommented the this line:
Code: [Select]
Serial.println(bin[count]); in the serial inspecting window i did get it counting 0 1 10 100 101 110 111 etc.

Lastly i moved the jumpers from the 4051 to only occupy d2 d3 and d4 so that way no more unplugging and plugging back in every time i reprogram the arduino. it also seem according to this code that 2 3 and 4 are the ones hes calling as per this line

Code: [Select]
 pinMode(2, OUTPUT);    // s0
 pinMode(3, OUTPUT);    // s1
 pinMode(4, OUTPUT);    // s2

Daniel

hmm what makes you think that the 9600 baud was incorrect.

Like I said, check the reference... there is no "beginSerial" command.

file://localhost/Applications/arduino-0009/reference/Serial_Begin.html

D

Go Up