Go Down

Topic: Arduino PC Monitor - Opensource (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

geort45

Fantastic! What I've always wanted hehe. However, which are the requirements for it to work? I downloaded the files from the /bin folder and it crashes upon start. I'm at work so I don't have my arduino board here, does it crash because of that?

Thanks a lot for your effort,

lorenzo_r

Jul 19, 2013, 09:43 am Last Edit: Jul 19, 2013, 09:47 am by lorenzo_r Reason: 1

Fantastic! What I've always wanted hehe. However, which are the requirements for it to work? I downloaded the files from the /bin folder and it crashes upon start. I'm at work so I don't have my arduino board here, does it crash because of that?

Thanks a lot for your effort,

It can't work without arduino attached and some code edit. You have to open project with visual studio and change perfomance counter properties for cpu/ram/network interface with english string (i am italian) and com port here with your arduino com port
Code: [Select]
port = new SerialPort("COM3", 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);

geort45

Hi!

I got home and connected the arduino, I ran both exes (Arduino+PC+Monitor.vshost and Arduino+PC+Monitor) and neither worked, I mean no window ever showed up. Is this normal without editing the code?

Thank you

lorenzo_r

no it can't work without edit code. if you don't change perfomance counter string to english and your network interface string it won't work you only get exception

geort45

Thanks for the info :), I'll check it out on the weekend!

Go Up