Go Down

Topic: Big trouble alimentation of a stepper motor (Read 319 times) previous topic - next topic

DAVC

Hi,

I'm using an arduino uno, a motor shield from adafruit, and one stepper motor (3.3V, 3.3A).
I burnout a 5v transformator (connecting to the Arduino jack, jumper of the motor shield off) while the installation was working for 20 mn.
Then I burnout the motor shield itself!!!! yes I did!!!! (connecting a 5v transformator to the Arduino jack, and a 12v transformator to the motor shield PWR) after a few second working!!!!

So now I'm looking for help to be safe for my next try!!!!!

If someone can understand what and where is the error, this would be wonderful!!!

Thanks

sbright33

Even though it seems obvious to you, a picture or diagram of your circuit would help.
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

MarkT

Which motor shield?  Which motor?   These are questions answered best by a link to the datasheet or other
informative webpage.

A 3.3A stepper motor is almost certainly a powerful bipolar stepper motor requiring a chopper drive
controller board, certainly not anything based on a darlington motor drive chip such as the L293.

For that current level there is no one-chip solution that I've found, one-chip motor drivers use darlingtons
or DMOS output transistors, just not up to handling motors with 1 ohm windings.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up