9 Degree of Freedom

I have been desperately trying to find the 9 Degree of Freedom sensor. The one in the Sparkfun is about 99 dollars , and the product is no longer available. The only other place that I found arduino compatible is in amazon.com which is about 48 dollar. But, there is no review and the big price difference. I am not sure if I should buy this or not. I wanted to use th 9DOF in my quadcopter project. Any recommendation..

Hey..

I can recommend this.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/300899053354?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It's a 10DOF, meaning you also have a pressure sensor (can be used for measuring altitude).. This module contains all the expensive chips you'll find on sparkfuns modules, and it's only $12.99.. I bought two and got them in approx. three weeks (I live in Sweden)..

And yes they are 5V tolerant and work nicely with arduino (I2C).. If you need help setting it up with arduino let me know.. Good luck :slight_smile:

Hi Baselsw,
do you have any example code or libraries for this sensor?
duckie

Duckie58:
Hi Baselsw,
do you have any example code or libraries for this sensor?
duckie

Sure thing.. Here is my library.. BlueCopter/BlueCopter/libraries/MPULib at master · baselsw/BlueCopter · GitHub

You'll also find example code in the library =).. The library doesn't support the BMP085 yet.. So you can get the values from the accelerometer, gyrometer and magnetometer.. The reason for the lack of support for the BMP085 is that I haven't had any use for it yet.. Maybe in the future =)!

//Basel

You might also consider Pololu's 9DOF offering. It is more expensive than the ebay sensor, but you get full schematics and product support. Pololu - MinIMU-9 v2 Gyro, Accelerometer, and Compass (L3GD20 and LSM303DLHC Carrier)

Have a look at Invensense MPU-9150

(Gyro+Acc+Mag on a single chip)