Go Down

Topic: PID library (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Has anyone successfully (or unsuccessfully) run the PID library on the DUE?

zeluiz

My friend I am projecting a digital controler with Arduino.   It will be a PI contoler.  I will emulate an analogical controler.   As a matter of fact I didn't know there would be a PID library for the Arduino.  What I am doing is to convert a Laplace Transform transference function to a Z transference function and after that to a difference equation.  So with that I can programme Arduino.  If there is a shorter step, please anwer me. Thank you.

AntR

Yes I use the PID library on the Due for my quadcopter.  Don't recall having any problems getting it to work.

zeluiz

My friend, I saw the PID Library but in my opinion it has poor resources.  If you wanted to make a diferent transference function, you could not.   The steps are as I have already described.

I'd given up on anyone replying to this.  Thanks, both of you.

wmvdw

For future reference: I also had some trouble with the PID library, I could not get stable parameters for my system. I threw together some code with what I remembered from a course Control Engineering, and it seems to be almost the same as the pseudo code in this Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_controller#Pseudocode

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy