Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Finally upgrading to V1 - but what version now ?  (Read 695 times)
Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
A newbie with loads of posts, and still so much to learn !
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi guys,  this old fart ( still been using v22 ) has finally caught up with his backlog of projects, and I want to move on to V1 of the IDE , but I see we are now on beta V1.5 whatever.

What do you recommend that is stable and easy to switch to ?

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Ayer, Massachusetts, USA
Edison Member
View Profile

Hi guys,  this old fart ( still been using v22 ) has finally caught up with his backlog of projects, and I want to move on to V1 of the IDE , but I see we are now on beta V1.5 whatever.

What do you recommend that is stable and easy to switch to ?
I believe 1.5 is needed if you have a Due.  I have an Uno and use 1.0.5.  I also own Teensy 3.0's and Digispark's, and both of them provide their environment layered on top of 1.0.x of the Arduino IDE.

Colorado
Edison Member
Reviving dead brain cells with Arduinos.
View Profile

You can use the 1.5.x version even if you don't have a Due.  I do (and I don't have a Due).  It works just fine.  And if you happen to find a bug, well that's why it's in beta. smiley  Report it.

Leeds, England
God Member
Quick, chuck it in the bin before the boss finds out...
View Profile

I get the impression, rightly or otherwise, that v 1.0.2 is one to avoid.

However I still swap between 0.22 and 1.0.4!

Beginners guide to using the Seeedstudio SIM900 GPRS/GSM Shield

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I'm using 1.0.5, just recently downloaded in. Had been 1.0.3 for quite awhile prior to that, skipped 1.0.4

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
View Profile

Thanks guys,  I use my 2 Duemilenovas to program embedded chips, so I will stick with them for now,  and perhaps 1.05 .

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I have 1.0.5 on a Duemilanove and an Uno. Had the 2 of them passing serial messages back & forth, so UART part seems to work ok.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
View Profile

Thanks, that's what I will try then, has anyone done a write up on the changes for V1 ?  I know you define pullups differently, and NewSoftSerial is now Softserial? 

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Check the Release notes on the download page.
I2C is different, pullups can still be done the same way. Have not used software serial.

Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
View Profile

Thanks Robert,  sounds like its not too time consuming switching over, I will give it a go.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Yep, just the download time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: