Go Down

Topic: Arduino Uno Record and Playback 433.92mhz signals via web interface (Read 3120 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi Everyone,

I would like to record and playback 433.92mhz signals using an arduino uno.  I have bought the following transmitter and reciever:

I also have a network shield for my arduino as firstly I was thinking of doing all the processing and storing/receiving information on the backend in my raspberry pi with somthing like a python script and an sqlite database.

Has anyone already seen anything similar done?

This is the closest I have been able to find as an example:

Any input or ideas would be welcome.  I am still waiting for my Arduino to arrive.

Jun 17, 2013, 02:59 pm Last Edit: Jun 17, 2013, 03:01 pm by llukkari Reason: 1
I did something similar:

It's just a POC and I'm not planning to develop it any further.

Thanks llukkari  :)

That looks very interesting.  I will check it out and give you an update once my gear arrives and I get a chance to try it!

You might find the capabilities of the receiver you mentioned to be limited.  I gave up on the very cheap ones and wound up with these receivers:

I found that dissecting the signals from random transmitters was possible, but a bit challenging.  Here's my writeup from the project I did:

There are other similar writeups for other weather stations and similar wireless doodads that I found when I was working on mine.  The biggest challenge I found was correctly reverse engineering the checksums.  In my case I could read and validate the interesting information without needing the checksum.  I think if you were recording and playing back, you could just play back the checksum without knowing how it's computed.

Hi gardner,

Sorry I took so long to reply. I am still waiting for my components :)  Thanks for your input too I will let you know how I get on!

I've did a similar project, recording analog sensor data for watering my garden. Just take a look at http://maslestorres.cat

But I'm process of updating the datalogger part with v2.0:

v1.0 - arduino UNO + XBee shield, tied via USB/serial to a computer with sqlite and a Objective-C development to save data in a Mac mini.
v2.0 - arduino Mega + XBee shield with RTC and SD + Display. Autonomous unit but when connected to the Mac mini saves data to sqlite. Objective-C code handling serial data replaced by a phyton script which is by far simple and powerful.
v3.0 - I'm just thinking about it... Raspberry PI with sqlite, but how to get XBee data ? Arduino Yún ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131