Go Down

Topic: mac problems (Read 426 times) previous topic - next topic

netics

I have been using Arduino with no probs on my PC but have encountered endless problems on my iBook running OSX (10.2.8). Friends with much better Arduino / Computer skills have also failed to get it working.

The major error message is when trying to upload to the board, is as follows:
dyld: /Users/fredgutt/Desktop/arduino-0003/tools/avr/bin/avr-gcc can't open library: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

I have also tried to bypass this by having a code already uploaded to the board (from my PC) but this also results in error messages.

Can anyone help me? I would really like to get Arduino working on my Mac!

Thanks in advance!

bod

i had the same problem, which is that the arduino software cant access some of the libraries on 10.2...... i think mellis or someone was looking into it, but i just upgraded to 10.3 instead.

hope this helps.

bod.

netics

Thanks Bod - gonna upgrade to Panther / Tiger - I imagine either of these will work fine?

Thanks again.

bod

i havent uploaded anything to the board as yet, i only upgraded to 10.3 (panther) last night, but i loaded a program into the IDE and it compiled ok, with no error messages, so i recon that should do it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy