I am a newbie to arduino stuff, so bear with me.
Basically, i want to create something like the Zendrum (http://www.Zendrum.com
), and I have already a bunch of necessary items, listed below. I only care right now about the technical/electronical stuff. I want to be able to hit a piezo sensor, and have a drum sound play.
- Piezo electric sensors (16 or so)
- 4 Arduino duemilanove boards
- 1 Arduino MEGA 2560 <-- Probably the one I will use
- a ton of resistors, all different ohms
- Spekinzie Labs' Drum kit - kit (http://www.spikenzielabs.com/Catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17&products_id=55
- The USB cord to connect the arduino to my laptop
- FL Studio 10, with a bunch of drum sounds and stuff
- MIDI Yoke Software (Serial/MIDI Converter) <-- not sure how to use it
I've been following instructions on various websites and videos, but I can't seem to figure it out. What I think I understand so far is this:
1. Piezo Sensor is hit
2. Mess of Analog Data is sent to Arduino through the Drum Kit - Kit
Arduino changes all that analog data into a midi command, with velocity, channel, note...etc
3. That all travels through the USB (NOT MIDI CABLE) to my computer, where MIDI Yoke analyses it and transforms it into something that FL Studios can rea
4. FL Studios read the data sent from MIDI Yoke and plays a drum sound through the speaker.
I could really use some step-by-step instructions on how to set this all up, and the correct code to use for the arduino. I can provide more details about my parts and computer or anything else if necessary.