Go Down

Topic: Adding Presets to a TR-9090 (Read 424 times) previous topic - next topic

thomvass

Jun 25, 2013, 04:13 pm Last Edit: Jun 26, 2013, 12:34 pm by thomvass Reason: 1
Hi all,

I have started working on the TR-9090 project. I was wondering if anyone could give me some direction regarding using an Arduino board to create a preset interface for it. The idea is to have a computer based step sequencer to trigger the TR-9090 through midi, but i would like to take it one step further and integrate the hardware with my computer even further. Is Arduino a suitable platform to communicate the data necessary. From what I have understood through some reading I would need to replace the potentiometers (of which there are 31 on this project) with digital potentiometers and control these through a microprocessor. Having physical control is not a must for this project but would be an added bonus so any advise on how to possibly integrate endless encoders would also be welcome.

Here is a link to a website with any and all information regarding the TR-9090 project that might give some additional insight into what I am working on and which, if any Arduino boards would be most suitable for this task as well as some advice on how to go about it.

http://www.9090project.co.uk/

Please excuse me if I havent worded some of the terminology correctly but I am new to this side of the DIY world, having only worked on a few electronic projects. The idea of creating this interface between the analogue and digital world is a potential thesis idea, granted it is deemed possible.

Thanks,
Thomas

Henry_Best

Here is a link to a website

Where? No link there, unless it's invisible.

thomvass

Website added! Cant believe i forgot to paste it in. My bad.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy