Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Due Operating Temperatures  (Read 497 times)
USA, East Coast
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,
I am considering Arduino Due for an outdoor project where the temps can go down to 20F (-7C).  Would the board work at that temperature?

I can shelter it from weather by putting it in a box, thermal insulation, etc if necessary.  There are 50+ components on that board and I hope the designers had done their home work by making it reasonably tolerant to outdoor temps.

Thanks.

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile

I hope the designers had done their home work by making it reasonably tolerant to outdoor temps.
Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. I've never seen any quoted temp ranges.

_____
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

USA, East Coast
View Profile

There may be a way to find that out.  Requires identification of each and every logic component on the board.  I came across a site from Italy where there is a pretty high res image of the board and most components are clickable.  It points to the URL for data sheet inside a list of URLs for data sheets when you click one.  One more click and you can access the data sheet.

However, exact chip identification is necessary for a particular board.  That, with the possibility of the board being made in different places, makes the job pretty hard.

I would be nice to know if a Due maker had ever put the board in a thermal chamber.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: