Go Down

Topic: Arduino Due Operating Temperatures (Read 614 times) previous topic - next topic

haturi

Hello,
I am considering Arduino Due for an outdoor project where the temps can go down to 20F (-7C).  Would the board work at that temperature?

I can shelter it from weather by putting it in a box, thermal insulation, etc if necessary.  There are 50+ components on that board and I hope the designers had done their home work by making it reasonably tolerant to outdoor temps.

Thanks.

Graynomad

I hope the designers had done their home work by making it reasonably tolerant to outdoor temps.

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it. I've never seen any quoted temp ranges.

_____
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

haturi

There may be a way to find that out.  Requires identification of each and every logic component on the board.  I came across a site from Italy where there is a pretty high res image of the board and most components are clickable.  It points to the URL for data sheet inside a list of URLs for data sheets when you click one.  One more click and you can access the data sheet.

However, exact chip identification is necessary for a particular board.  That, with the possibility of the board being made in different places, makes the job pretty hard.

I would be nice to know if a Due maker had ever put the board in a thermal chamber.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy