Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Uno bootloader for DUE clone  (Read 427 times)
Germany
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi guys,
I try to make a bootloader for a Due Taijino clone but it is hard to accomplish. First I tried the simple way, flashing a ATMega8U2 but the attempt to solder hair-thin wires to the QFN package of the 8U2 failed. Now I fiddle with LUFA to use different Ports on a Arduino Uno for eraseing and resetting the SAM3X8E which is even worse (the original ports of the Arduino Uno have no soldering pad on the pcb). Does anyone knows a "Howto build a due bootloader for dummies" or something ? I really don't want to go into the LUFA makefile-business thing the hard way.

nr Bundaberg, Australia
Tesla Member
Scattered showers my arse -- Noah, 2348BC.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

First I tried the simple way, flashing a ATMega8U2 but the attempt to solder hair-thin wires to the QFN package of the 8U2 failed
Are you saying that your board does not have the ICSP header? If not why not? That's the obvious way to program the 8U2/16U2.

If the U2 is not on the board where is it? Have you made a programming dongle like the Taij people have? If so see my previous paragraph smiley

The SAM also has a USB bootloaders loaded into the silicon, you can program it using the native USB port if you manually press the erase button first.

______
Rob

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: