Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: increasing the range of linear motion using servomotor  (Read 906 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hello,
I am trying to conver the rotational motion of servomotor into linear motion using simple gear and mesh system. But, since the motor rotates only from 0-180 degree, the range of the linear motion is only 0-5cm after that the motor starts to rotate in the opposite direction and the linear motion also starts in the opposite direction.
Can anyone please suggest some simple mechanism to increase the range of the linear motion?
I have attached the setup picture if it helps......
thankyou

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

I have attached the setup picture if it helps....
You haven't.
You could use a larger diameter crank.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

UK
Shannon Member
-
View Profile

If your servo can rotate 180 degrees then you need a servo arm / crank with a length at least half your required total travel and orient it so that at the limits of rotation the servo arm is pointing directly towards and away from the direction of your linear travel.

Note that the longer the servo arm, the less force it will be able to apply.

I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

East Anglia (UK)
Faraday Member
May all of your blinks be without delay()
View Profile

Consider converting the servo to continuous rotation.  Plenty of tutorials on the Web.
You would need to implement some form of limit switches which may or may not be convenient.

Please do not send me PMs asking for help.  Post in the forum then everyone will benefit from seeing the questions and answers.

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

What distance of linear motion do you require?

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: