Go Down

Topic: Multiple Arduino boards on same computer- can I do it easily? (Read 452 times) previous topic - next topic

bigred1212

I have a Win XP, SP3 machine running Arduino Alpha 0018 using a Spark Fun FTDI basic board to interface with an Ardweeny. 

Works great.  I can do stuff.

I got a brand spanking new Uno for my birthday.

I was going to set the Uno up to run on my Win 7 box, but then I wondered.

Can I have both run on my XP box?  The last thing I want is to go through and update the Arduino software and all of a sudden my FTDI board and Ardweeny don't work.  I'd like to just be able to make a selection on the Arduino software menu and jump back and forth depending on which one I plug in.  Can I do that? Any suggestions in this regard or will it "just work" and I need to suck it up and do it?

CrossRoads

Open multiple copies of the IDE, have each talking to a different com port/arduino.
I've done 2 at a time under WinVista.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

bigred1212

James C4S

running Arduino Alpha 0018

Why?  Either something is mis-stated or you are using a very out of date release.  One which doesn't support the Uno.

Can I have both run on my XP box? 

Yes.  Each will get it's own Serial Port.

But the Uno won't work with 0018.

'd like to just be able to make a selection on the Arduino software menu and jump back and forth depending on which one I plug in.

Yes, that is what you will have to do.  Select the board and appropriate Serial Port.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy