Go Down

Topic: arduino micro digital pins (Read 968 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi,

I am a total noob so bare with me please. i just purchased an arduino micro and would like to use 15 digital pins as sensor I/O. The product page says that is has 20 digital I/O's but when i look at the pinouts it only lists pins 0-13 (assuming that i can use the TX and RX as digital pins 0 and 1). so what pins are the other digital pins? and can i define them like i would normally, like as in pin 14? or can i even define 15 digital I/O's on the Micro? any information helps. thanks!

fungus

The "analog" pins work for digital I/O as well.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

CrossRoads

Yes, A0 to A5 can be called out as D14-D19.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Hi,

oh, ok. so in the sketch do i define it as D14 or just 14

EXAMPLE:
    #define LED D14
or
    #define LED 14

Thanks

fungus

Hi,

oh, ok. so in the sketch do i define it as D14 or just 14

EXAMPLE:
    #define LED D14
or
    #define LED 14

Thanks

Neither. Use "A0", "A1"...etc
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

CrossRoads

@fingus,
Why would you use

#define LED A0
vs
#define LED 14
?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

fungus

@fingus,
Why would you use

#define LED A0
vs
#define LED 14
?

Because that's what's printed on the PCB.

Would you know where pin "14" was just by looking at an Arduino Uno?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy