Go Down

Topic: Please tell me about Non-Ardurino "Brand" Ardurino board products? (Read 4987 times) previous topic - next topic

Nov 08, 2013, 05:59 pm Last Edit: Nov 08, 2013, 10:26 pm by DavidLerman Reason: 1
I am a completely new to Arduino and looking to purchase an Uno R3 board.  I am seeing Arduino and Sunfounder "Brands".   is the hardware open source too?  Can I count on the compatibility of these non-Arduino brand products?   Thank you in advance for your explanation and reply.

Nov 08, 2013, 07:18 pm Last Edit: Nov 08, 2013, 10:25 pm by DavidLerman Reason: 1
Thank you,
It seems SunFounder is not contributing to the project in anyway.  I have an Arduino board I purchased at RadioShack that I have not opened and was thinking of returning in favor of a sunfounder kit that includes some nice things.   I will keep my board and look for alternative pricing on the "nice things".  

I would like to suggest that Arduino put up a "Make a Donation" link so that people could feel Ok about getting better pricing on compatible (Not Certified) hardware and still make a small donation to support this effort.   I have seen questions in the forum where people mentioned they are using the Sunfounder UNO kits.  Maybe we could all mention to these people that donating a small amount of the money they saved would be a nice gesture since they are coming back to the community for help.  

Just a thought.  Time to shop for my other nice stuff  :) 

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy