Go Down

Topic: UECIDE: A New Fork of the IDE (Read 59314 times) previous topic - next topic

majenko

Nov 04, 2013, 07:58 pm Last Edit: Nov 04, 2013, 08:08 pm by majenko Reason: 1
Ah, are you downloading the zip from the "Download ZIP" button on the right?  That won't work.  It doens't format the library properly.

The library's folder name MUST be the same as the main .h file in the library (Timer in this case) or it won't work.

Edit: the next release will handle *-master github archives properly and rename the folder accordingly.

maxid

dont run anyway
if add Timer.h say "Error: Timer.h is not correctly packaged."
if reescan libraies dont appears.

sorry for asking something stupid, I am somewhat new to the ide.
El que pregunta aprende, el que responde aprende a responder.

majenko

It's not correctly packaged, because github adds a pesky "-master" into the folder name.  It names it Timer-master/* instead of Timer/*.

For now, extract the zip file into uecide\libraries\ and rename the resultant folder from Timer-master to Timer

Then rescan the libraries, and it should find it.

The next release with -master handling in it will be a little while yet, as I have replaced the entire serial subsystem (with jSSC) and it needs more testing and debugging before I release it.

maxid

tanks very much now run. my poor english not help!!!

majenko

Right, listen up guys.

I am releasing an experimental version on you all - version 0.8.0a

There's a few minor (though useful) changes, and one HUGE change that needs a lot of debugging.

Firstly the minor changes.  They are all to do with libraries.

1: You can now directly install a Github repo zip (whatever-master.zip) through the menu, and it will strip the -master from the folder name for you.
2: Sub-libraries (LibraryName_sub.h) now hopefully work again.

And the big change:

RXTXcomm.jar has gone!

Celebrate, everyone  :smiley-yell:  I have replaced it with jSSC (Java Simple Serial Connector) which hopefully should make things a little more reliable.  I have also taken this opportunity to completely re-write the entire Serial API in UECIDE.  There is now a central port arbetrator which deals with requesting the release and reallocation of a port.  Should be much better now.  Also, the bluetooth support is meant to be better in this system than in RXTXcomm (no need to install a dodgy .dll file), so Pito, if you can give it a bit of a test on your bluetooth rig that'd be great.

But of course, there will be bugs.  With such fundamental changes as these it's bound to all go horribly wrong.  That's why I'm going to run away screaming like a girl to somewhere you can't find me  ]:D

pito

Nov 04, 2013, 09:37 pm Last Edit: Nov 04, 2013, 09:43 pm by pito Reason: 1
Maybe an another approach - I have may arduino sketches stored in, for exmple, C:\MyCode\Arduino\ ("Sketchbook Location" in preferences) and the 3rd parties libraries in C:\MyCode\Arduino\libraries\, thus I always save a new 3rd party downloaded library into C:\MyCode\Arduino\libraries\..

pito

That's why I'm going to run away screaming like a girl to somewhere you can't find me  smiley-twist

Halloween is over I think :)

maxid

congratulations!!. download to test

majenko

Maybe an another approach - I have may arduino sketches stored in, for exmple, C:\MyCode\Arduino\ ("Sketchbook Location" in preferences) and the 3rd parties libraries in C:\MyCode\Arduino\libraries\, thus I always save a new 3rd party downloaded library into C:\MyCode\Arduino\libraries\..

I speak his name and lo, he appears.

That location is where libraries get extracted to by the internal library installation system.  By "sub libraries" I mean libraries where you have multiple versions of the same library in one folder, like LiquidCrystal.h, LiquidCrystal_I2C.h, LiquidCrystal_SR.h etc all in the LiquidCrystal folder.  Now it finds all of them, not just the master one.

pito

Nov 04, 2013, 10:00 pm Last Edit: Nov 04, 2013, 10:28 pm by pito Reason: 1
I've done several (~20) uploads via BT (0.8.0a with rxtxSerial.dll removed) on com6 fine (uecide terminal closed).
When uecide terminal is opened, it shows following (and the terminal window freezes so I cannot close it, I have to close uecide):

pito

Nov 07, 2013, 05:46 pm Last Edit: Nov 07, 2013, 05:56 pm by pito Reason: 1
Still thinking how to recognize the Cosa core is up to date.. Is your repo somehow in sync with the Cosa repo?
PS: serial monitor updated, but still above issue (..it worked somehow in past)..
PS1: I upgraded to 0.8.0b still the issue above:
Code: [Select]
avrdude.exe: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM6": Element not found.

avrdude.exe done.  Thank you.

Port name - COM6; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
Unable to reopen port: null

majenko

Cosa is manually updated by me on a regular basis.  I have a clone of the git repo and a "publish" script that pushes out a new version as and when I remember to check for it.

Tom Carpenter

On that note, I have added the UECIDE version of the my tiny core to my github repository. That way if I make any changes you should be able to include them easily. The UECIDE version of the core is here: https://github.com/TCWORLD/ATTinyCore/tree/master/UECIDE-Core
If you would prefer the directory structure to be laid out differently, let me know.
I can also add you as a collaborator if you like, so you can make changes if you need to.
~Tom~

majenko

It won't work...  You still have the wrong "name=" entries in your core.txt files.

They should be "name=tiny" and "name=tinyNoMillis" respectively.  They *must* be the same as the folder they are in, or it all goes tits up.

Once that's fixed I'll sort out a publishing script to pull them into my own repo.

majenko

I have just made some minor tweaks to the serial port allocation routine.  It might make it work a little better for you, Pito.  Give it a go.

Go Up