Go Down

Topic: UECIDE: A New Fork of the IDE (Read 56 times) previous topic - next topic

majenko

Yes, and it's a direct copy from 1.0.5
Get 10% off all 4D Systems TFT screens this month: use discount code MAJENKO10

Tom Carpenter

Jul 18, 2013, 12:12 am Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013, 12:23 am by Tom Carpenter Reason: 1
Quick question about making cores, do I have to make a folder and boards.txt file for every single entry that used to be in the old single boards.txt file?

Also, there is a mistake in this file:
uecide\hardware\boards\Arduino\atmega328\boards.txt

I think this
udpload.maximum_size=30720
should be:
upload.maximum_size=30720

Also, with the verbose output, can you have the black box wrap the text so we don't have to scroll horizontally :)
~Tom~

pito

Jul 18, 2013, 12:24 am Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013, 12:47 am by pito Reason: 1
I replaced the avrdude and avrdude conf from 1.5.2 and after some messing with coms I get it working:
Code: [Select]
loop= 1733355 solution count= 4                                                 +----------------+                                                              |. . Q . . . . . |                                                              |. . . . . Q . . |                                                              |. . . Q . . . . |                                                              |. Q . . . . . . |                                                              |. . . . . . . Q |                                                              |. . . . Q . . . |                                                              |. . . . . . Q . |                                                              |Q . . . . . . . |                                                              +----------------+                                                                                    
Copy paste from serial terminal.. A problem, though..

The COM:
1. it does not change the bottom COM number immediately after its change in Serial port menu item
2. after successful flashing I cannot start serial terminal (nothing happens), I have to restart uecide
3. still I cannot find the way how to flash each time, I am getting COM6 element not find.. Upload works rock solid with 152 and 101, and I am using the avrdude+conf from 152 - so that must be an issue with uecide (it blocks somehow the serial com, interestingly the led blinks, so it accesses the port actually, but stops with that error, crazy)

Tom Carpenter

Two more minor requests if I may:

(1) when you open a sketch, if the current sketch window is blank, could you have the sketch open in the current window.
(2) is it possible to get the IDE to remember the window position and size when it exits, and resize to that when you open it again?
~Tom~

pito

with optiboot:
uno.upload.maximum_size=32256

majenko

I replaced the avrdude and avrdude conf from 1.5.2 and after some messing with coms I get it working:
Code: [Select]
loop= 1733355 solution count= 4                                                 +----------------+                                                              |. . Q . . . . . |                                                              |. . . . . Q . . |                                                              |. . . Q . . . . |                                                              |. Q . . . . . . |                                                              |. . . . . . . Q |                                                              |. . . . Q . . . |                                                              |. . . . . . Q . |                                                              |Q . . . . . . . |                                                              +----------------+                                                                                    
Copy paste from serial terminal.. A problem, though..

The COM:
1. it does not change the bottom COM number immediately after its change in Serial port menu item

I thought I'd added that bit - I'll check.

2. after successful flashing I cannot start serial terminal (nothing happens), I have to restart uecide

Can you run debug.bat and see if an exception is being generated?

3. still I cannot find the way how to flash each time, I am getting COM6 element not find.. Upload works rock solid with 152 and 101, and I am using the avrdude+conf from 152 - so that must be an issue with uecide (it blocks somehow the serial com, interestingly the led blinks, so it accesses the port actually, but stops with that error, crazy)

UECIDE first opens the COM port and sends the DTR signal to do the reboot, then it should be releasing the COM port for avrdude to do what it needs to do.  Without that initial manual DTR signal avrdude fails to reboot the board 9 times out of 10.

I will check that it's releasing properly - and maybe add a manual System.gc() to force the release of any leftover file descriptors.

majenko

Two more minor requests if I may:

(1) when you open a sketch, if the current sketch window is blank, could you have the sketch open in the current window.

Every time I open the IDE I think to myself that I must fix that ;)

(2) is it possible to get the IDE to remember the window position and size when it exits, and resize to that when you open it again?

Simple enough, yes I can do that.

pito

Jul 18, 2013, 01:05 am Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013, 01:10 am by pito Reason: 1
I've found the issue:
upload.dtr=no
upload.rts=no

That makes the trick.
BT gadget does not use the rts/dtr stuff (as the BT does not propagate that via air)..  8)
Now upload works all the time.

majenko

I've found the issue:
upload.dtr=no
upload.rts=no

That makes the trick.
BT gadget does not use the rts/dtr stuff (as the BT does not propagate that via air)..  8)

It mustn't be releasing it properly then.  I'll try some things in the morning.

pito

I would add that rts/dtr stuff into the preferences as two tickers (on/off). It was not easy to find the stuff (it is in core.txt, avrdude unrelated).

Graynomad

+1

Two things that piss me off about the IDE.

_____
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

pito

The serial terminal needs a selector for CR or CR+LF or LF (for transmitting and receiving separately) I think.

majenko

I have been thinking of having a checkbox which, when turned on, pops out the traditional entry box underneath the terminal window for you to type in and send lines at a time.

Tom Carpenter

I notice this, though not with flashing. If the IDE is opened with not boards connected and then you plug one it, the board appears in the list of serial ports, but the Serial Terminal refuses to open. There are no error messages with the debug.bat file. Closing an reopening the IDE does allow the Serial Terminal to open again.
~Tom~

pito

Jul 18, 2013, 11:54 am Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013, 12:28 pm by pito Reason: 1
Com stuff needs fine tuning. For example when you have serial Terminal (ST) opened, and you click upload, the ST is not being closed automatically by uecide, but the uicide freezes when trying to upload, so I have to close the editor window (EW). When EW is opened again, and I've been trying to upload again, EW sometimes says the com is in use, or, it uploads but the ST cannot be opened. So closing everything does help, but it does not each time (EW says the com is in use, even you had restarted uecide).

PS: most issues comes when you click on ST icon, while the upload has not been done. The indication is tricky, as it says "Uploading to I/O(?) Board", then shows green Program sizes and you think its done, so you click on ST icon (bad), while the Uploading continues - that crashes the com. The message on the gray background are hardly visible..

Go Up