Go Down

Topic: How do you make a capacitor bank to amp the voltage of a solar panel up to 5v? (Read 774 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi I wish to make a circuit that uses a power source of 1v to be raised up to 5v by a bunch of capacitors.
Any tutorials or tips?

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

fungus

Hi I wish to make a circuit that uses a power source of 1v to be raised up to 5v by a bunch of capacitors.
Any tutorials or tips?

You'll need more than just capacitors...

Go to ebay and search for "5V boost".
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

AmbiLobe

I am going to get going.

fungus

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

tocpcs

There's a relationship that exists between current and voltage.
I'd suggest you first check that what you want to do is technically feasible with the equipment.

MarkT

flying capacitor DC-DC converters are very inefficient for anything but small currents I believe - what current
is the load requiring?

A standard boost converter would prob. be a better answer apart from the bootstrapping issue - with only
1V at the source how to power up (most boost converters need more than that to operate).

You also have to worry about brown-outs when there isn't enough light to power the converter - will
it behave gracefully?

And when you say 1V to me that says 2 PV cells in series (they give about 0.5V under load) - is that the case?
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy