Go Down

Topic: Problems with 40x4 LCD. (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Macu

Hello! I've got 40x4 LCD, so I conected it to my arduino, using liquid crystal library. Firstly, LCD was showing weird characters, so I changed library to liquid crystal 440, but when I compile my program I get this error:
Code: [Select]
In file included from sketch_jul12a.ino:1:
C:\Users\Macu\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-windows\arduino-1.0.5\libraries\Liquidcrystal440/LiquidCrystal440.h:95: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void LiquidCrystal::write(uint8_t)'
C:\Users\Macu\Desktop\arduino-1.0.5-windows\arduino-1.0.5\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

And now my lcd with liquid crystal shows only 2 white lines ;(
Any ideas, what I'm doing wrong? Maybe arduino needs external power source, to power up that big lcd. My lcd model is:
Code: [Select]
ABC0440004B04-BIW-R-01
Btw. sorry for my bad English, I'm trying!

floresta

...so I changed library to liquid crystal 440 ...

Did you use the version that was updated for Arduino V1.0+?

To get a copy start here:--> http://code.google.com/p/liquidcrystal440/ and follow the Downloads link to get to the latest version.

Don

Macu

Yup, I was using Liquid Crystal v1.00, as well. I tried with old LQ440 (did't work) and 1.00. It all didn't work for me ;(

TheCoolest

All you need to do is change void to size_t to the write method and it should compile.
I suggest that you also add 'return 1;' to the end of the method as well.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy