Go Down

Topic: What is the best free PCB designing application..?? (Read 97549 times) previous topic - next topic

onapthanh

I think that although i have used kiCad, eagle but they lack in the simulation thing. I've taught myself KiCAD, which seems to be the best free linux-compatible schematic-and-PCB tool you can find. It also runs on Windows and MacOSX. I´m working to make: lioa to protect our house safety

alexmu

well, you can also refer to Elecrow PCB service and there are many free design for your reference. It is cost-effective!!

SagarDev

Fritzing is awesome. You can create PCBs,Circuit Diagrams,Realistic view and also you can write programs and you can upload it on your programmer. It also automatically converts b/w modes described above. It is totally cool.

CrossRoads

"Fritzing is awesome"
Sure, just look at any of the fritzing schematics posted here in the forum.  They all stink!
Most folks can't get past pictures of wires attached to little non-descript black boxes that tell you nothing of their functionality - not even which pins are B-E-C or G-S-D on simple transistor.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

peterkrause

It depends on your project and PCB size. I have been using Eagle since a few years and it works very well for me. Nonetheless, you need to familiarize yourself with the PCB design software. But this may be true for other PCB applications as well. Usually, you should feel comfortable with Eagle after about one week.

There are also various Eagle tutorials on the Internet. Plus, if you encounter a problem, many Internet/Eagle users are willing to help you quickly.

MikeKeens

A list of PCB design software can be seen here:-

http://www.surfacemountprocess.com/pcb-design-software.html

Hope this helps!

robertpeng

1. protel、Altium Designer
2. Mentor pads
3. Cadence
Want high quality PCBs? Please visit www.syspcb.com.

dscpcb

Would like to recommend Eagle .Free Eagle is limited to 2 layers, if I remember correctly. You may want to go with KiCAD, the learning curve is much steeper than the rest mentioned, but is not a restricted version...

MaxBlack

Nov 04, 2015, 09:46 am Last Edit: Nov 04, 2015, 10:16 am by MaxBlack
Try https://EasyEDA.com.It's a free, web-based EDA suite that allows you to download the Gerber's you generate in their s/w so you can buy PCBs from anywhere or you can buy low cost PCBs direct from EasyEDA.

I have been using EasyEDA for over a year,It's the best free PCB tool I have ever used.

The most startling things about EasyEDA are not just that it is free up to the point where you want to physically buy a (low cost) PCB directly from EasyEDA but that, unlike ExpressPCB and some others, you are not tied into buying the PCBs from EasyEDA: you can download Gerbers and send them off to any PCB fab house at no charge from EasyEDA.

It has some pretty impressive import (and export) options. For instance it can import schematic and PCB designs from Altium and Eagle. Library import from KiCad is also provided.

EasyEDA also has good simulation support using ngspice. Many LTspice simulations can be run in ngspice with little editing effort.

If people are interested to try it, I'd recommend looking through the Tutorial and the Simulation eBook before diving in.https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/

SalomonSchwarz

I use eagle for years and I am quite happy. What I really like about eagle are the good tutorials and community that help you get started. Also check out their webinar

MaxBlack

Dec 31, 2015, 08:36 am Last Edit: Dec 31, 2015, 08:58 am by MaxBlack
so, there isn't anything free?
Hello, EasyEDA is a free PCB design software. In fact it's only when you order a physical PCB that you have to pay anything.

They even offer PCB assembly.

Here's an example:

https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Bob_Peases_High_Impedance_Active_Scope_Probe_PCB_Design-g2QNnljhf

jean_howard

Hello,

I am using Eagle, Design spark & KiCAD for my Free PCB designing. Check it.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy