Go Down

Topic: working LIVE with arduino - matrix + BIDIRECTIONAL (Read 522 times) previous topic - next topic

tomas

May 29, 2006, 06:08 pm Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 06:10 pm by tomas Reason: 1
I understand from these posts that it is pretty easy to control the 8x8 matrix with the maxim chip.
so until the chip arrives from maxim..

I have a question - If I want to send the characters to the matrix LIVE , that means not send code and then disconnect arduino from the computer but have a small applet (visual c? flash?) that I can , for example type a letter into , and that letter would appear on the matrix display.

I understand we are dealing with the serialwrite() serialread().... but how to interface simply?

so - the problem is I know only visual C and basic , so I would need a few example programs if this has to be in other languages.
anyway pointers to example code would be GREATLY appreciated.

also a BIDIRECTIONAL LED MATRIX which can function as an input/output device has been demonstrated in make magazine and hackaday. (link soon) if anyone knows how to implement this in arduino it would be awesome! (even for 2-3 leds)

thanks
and keep up the good work
Tom

tomas

I made a connection to arduino using examples in 'arduino meets processing' and read a potentiometer.
also I used the 'hello world' program in the Flash site

http://www.progetto25zero1.com/b/tools/Arduino/

but to see what arduino is writing I used -- windows hyperterminal..
is there a better way? hyperterm won't let me send , just recieve... and it hangs alot..

is there a demo in processing for sending AND recieving data simultaniously???

thanks Tom

David Cuartielles

Hej,

look for Bray Terminal, a good freeware program for Windows that everyone should have. (and donate something to the guy's mission of keeping a good terminal working ;-) )

http://bray.velenje.cx/avr/terminal/

/David

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy