Go Down

Topic: getting avrdude error when uploading sketches (Read 25573 times) previous topic - next topic

coda87

whenever i try to upload a sketch, i get this error:

Code: [Select]
avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?

i just got the Esplora and even the esplorablink wont work

TheKitty

Ensure you follow the steps at http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoEsplora to include using the latest non-1.5.x IDE version (1.0.5 as of today) and selecting Esplora as the target board in the IDE.

coda87

thanks! just a quick question, how do you do this? i cant get anything to work with the new drivers

StevenHoogslag

Esplora an Leonardo are programmable through USB port directly. They can also function as a human Interface device when connected. They seem prone to receive 2 com ports which makes it a little bit more difficult to target them on the correct serial port.

After several errors on a Windows Vista notebook I swapped to another usb connection port which solved the problem there. Give it some time as drivers may re-install themselves on the back ground.

Board type should be set correctly to Leonardo / Esplora. Programmer type is USBasp.

OlawaleJegede

Hello,

I also encountered this error while uploading the Esplora Temperature Sensor example:

"Binary sketch size: 6,472 bytes (of a 28,672 byte maximum)
Found programmer: Id = "B«f"; type = "
Software Version = . ; Hardware Version = .
avrdude: error: buffered memory access not supported. Maybe it isn't a butterfly/AVR109 but a AVR910 device?"

What could the problem be and how can I correct this?

I also noticed that the Serial Monitor closes as soon as I start to upload the program.
How can I correct this?

Also I want to know does the board already have an inbuilt temperature sensor, or do I have to connect a physical temperature sensor for the program to work?

Thank you.

David.

TheKitty

Make sure in Programmer -> Tools you have the first one checked.  Make sure you have a good USB cable.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy