Go Down

Topic: How to send message? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

cloudystrife

Hi,

I have a problem. I want to send "hello" from Arduino uno module to other module.
But how to send "hello"?

print("hello") or println("hello") or write("hello") or other?

I am confused. Sorry
Thanks.

Henry_Best

Is the other module a secret?
How is it connected to the arduino?

eddiea6987

if they are both Arduinos you can use the UART , just connect ones Rx to the others Tx and have them at the same baud rate , you can even add parity bits to check if the message is coming across correctly etc..
I could print the Arduino logo on a box of cereal and sell it as "Arduin-O's"

cloudystrife

Other module is flyport module.
Arduino is connected to flyport by using UART (rx and tx).

Thus, only I want to know is that how to send "hello" from arduino to flyport.

eddiea6987

to send the words you would use Serial.print and parse the data on the flyport side
because Serial.write sends binary data

Arrch

if they are both Arduinos you can use the UART , just connect ones Rx to the others Tx and have them at the same baud rate

Grounds also need to be connected.

cloudystrife

I see and is it Serial.print("hello")?

Thanks

Arrch

Thanks

Assuming you want to send 'h', 'e', 'l', 'l' and 'o', then yes.

cloudystrife

if they are both Arduinos you can use the UART , just connect ones Rx to the others Tx and have them at the same baud rate

Grounds also need to be connected.

Yes. I already connect grounds. Thanks.

cloudystrife

Thanks

Assuming you want to send 'h', 'e', 'l', 'l' and 'o', then yes.

Oh you mean can use Serial.print('h') and Serial.print("hello")? are they to send to other module?

Arrch

Oh you mean can use Serial.print('h') and Serial.print("hello")? are they to send to other module?

You can, but they won't be sending the same thing, or amount of data, if that's what you're thinking.

cloudystrife

Okay Thanks! I got it. Hmm when send 'h' to other module, other module receives 'h' also? I just want to confirm.

Arrch

Okay Thanks! I got it. Hmm when send 'h' to other module, other module receives 'h' also? I just want to confirm.

How about you try it and tell us?

eddiea6987

try it out and see   ]:D

cloudystrife

Erm. Actually, I am using voice recognition(EasyVR). It is connected to Arduino uno and its working. However, my main module is Flyport. Thus, I am thinking Arduino is connected to Flyport so that when I say "hello" to EasyVR in Arduino, then arduino sends 'h' or "hello" to Flyport and then after flyport receives 'h' or "hello", servo motor connected to Flyport is moving.

After I read your posts just now, servo motor is not working =x.

Go Up