Go Down

Topic: An arduino Job Offer (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Efi

Jul 18, 2013, 01:41 pm Last Edit: Jul 26, 2013, 11:29 pm by Coding Badly Reason: 1
We have a small project needed a solution.
a device which will send email upon pressing a single button.
this device should be as small as possible and cheap.
we are willing to pay to to some one to offer such solution.

what do you think ?

SurferTim

Here is code that will do what you want. Requires an ethernet shield.
http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Email
If you wish to pay me to modify it to meet your requirements, PM me.

shahan312

Best way to do this would be to get an Arduino Uno with an Ethernet Shield or an Arduino Board Ethernet (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardEthernet/). You could get the PoE version to power the Arduino board from the Ethernet cable (requires a PoE capable router).

Here's a good tutorial on adding in a button:

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Pushbutton

When the button is pressed, you want to add in the Email code from the library SurferTim linked to.

craigcurtin

We have a small project needed a solution.
a device which will send email upon pressing a single button.
this device should be as small as possible and cheap.
we are willing to pay to to some one to offer such solution.

what do you think ?

How Cheap is cheap ? What are you trying to do and why ?

What Internet infrastructure is going to be in place to actually send the email i.e. is there an ethernet cable to connect to ? or a wireless network infrastructure or do we need to go GSM ?

The easiest and cheapest is to use an Arduino Nano and a TPLink WR703N - you can get a USB/TTL device on ebay for about $2 that will then let you plug into the USB device on the TPLink and hook into the serialport of the Arduino - Arduino monitors for the button press and send a serial message to the TPlink which is listening and then sends an email

The TPlink can be configured as either a wired ethernet client or a wireless client or with a USB Hub can also address a USB GSM modem.

Craig

hikotec

Can i just ask with particular USB/TTL device to buy for connecting WR703N router to Arduino UNO ?

I'm also interested in adding WIFI capability to Arduino, here is my requirement:
Use an Andriod phone to remotely control (via WIFI) two continuously rotating servos (basically a remote-controlled car with two servos)
I've got an TPLink WR703N router with DD-WRT installed and configured to be working in Client mode.
Once i purchase the USB/TTL device, do i connect two wires to the corresponding digital pins on UNO ?

Can you please also advise what software on the Android phone is need to achieve the above ?
Or do i just write an HTML page and send commands to the router and then router can send serial signal to UNO ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ken

craigcurtin

Can i just ask with particular USB/TTL device to buy for connecting WR703N router to Arduino UNO ?

I'm also interested in adding WIFI capability to Arduino, here is my requirement:
Use an Andriod phone to remotely control (via WIFI) two continuously rotating servos (basically a remote-controlled car with two servos)
I've got an TPLink WR703N router with DD-WRT installed and configured to be working in Client mode.
Once i purchase the USB/TTL device, do i connect two wires to the corresponding digital pins on UNO ?

Can you please also advise what software on the Android phone is need to achieve the above ?
Or do i just write an HTML page and send commands to the router and then router can send serial signal to UNO ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ken

DON'T hijack threads - start another one.

Craig

Go Up