Go Down

Topic: Old MK3870 MCU (Read 956 times) previous topic - next topic

gibo65

Hi,
I have founded an old MK3870 MCU and now I want connect to my Arduino 2009 to use 4 digital ports inside and simple ESA Code. Maybe the problem is connect CMOS TTL port 4 and STROBE pins at Arduino or maybe convert at I2C by DAC0808 if is possible....?! :smiley-eek-blue:

I ask help if is possible to connect so different technology  :smiley-roll:
Thanks!
:.

westfw

The MK3870 is a Mostek version of the fairchild F8.  It's program memory is ROM based, which means you can't erase or reprogram it at all.  Development was done with a special version that took a "piggyback" EPROM and cost a small fortune:

Unless your chip already contains code designed to make it acts as a peripheral to some other micro, you might as well use it for jewelry.

gibo65

Hi,
thanks for your reply!  :)

I wish use a Mostek MK3870 for use your 4 port 8 bits to connect any devices...
For example I would try connect him at an PIC 18F4620 or similar to make a DUMP code.
Also a CD4066 MUX switch can be util with a pair of LM317 to receive correct input Vin.
I'm searcing about but I can't found none Arduino Project...maybe TTL/CMOS value are not compatible...I don't know about these!

westfw

I don't understand what you're trying to do.  The circuit you show (described more fully here: http://www.seanriddle.com/f8.html ) is for reading the ROM contents of the 3870 and dumping them to a serial port, so that they can be used in an emulator, or analyzed/reverse-engineered for the purpose of replacing the 3870 in various Arcade games and similar.  It doesn't permit the 3870 to be reprogrammed, or become a peripheral for the PIC...

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy