Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Guidance to set parameters in Arduino  (Read 893 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi all,
I have some experience with Arduino projects but never connected the Arduino outside the normal programming surface.

What I am searching for my current project is a way to connect a PC with a an Arduino through USB in order to change a set of parameters (so not the software but just values in the EEPROM) of a given Arduino software by a programming surface. Important to me are just a few things:
1) Saving the parameters I read and wrote to the Arduino on the PC
2) Automatic COM port search to automatically log into Arduino without additional adjustments

I shuffled thorugh the Playground, but I cannot judge what is the best/ most simple solution for my usecase.

Can pls someone guide me to the right direction?

Thx!

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

1) Saving the parameters I read and wrote to the Arduino on the PC
This is not an Arduino issue.

2) Automatic COM port search to automatically log into Arduino without additional adjustments
What you have to do is open each port. If it can be opened, you then say something like "Hello, are you an Arduino?". Then, you read the response. If you get "Yes, I'm an Arduino", then you know that you found the right port. Any other response, and you close the port and move on to the next one.

Of course, this means that the Arduino needs to be programmed to read the question and generate the proper response. And, it means that you need to wait long enough between sending the question and expecting the reply for the Arduino to reset.

Can pls someone guide me to the right direction?
Sure. pls is not a word in English.

View Profile

Hi,
I meant that I would like to have  recomandation in software to program the PC GUI.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I meant that I would like to have  recomandation in software to program the PC GUI.
What language(s) do you know? If none, C# makes serial port access easy.

View Profile

Hoestly- I am not too experienced in languages. I would search for tutorials and would try my best  smiley-sweat

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: