Go Down

Topic: My security alarm project enclosure just arrived! (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

travis_farmer

I am currently exploring FIFO (First In, First Out) to handle the RS485 bus. this way I can have a circular buffer to send data, and wait for a response (with timeout). then it goes to the next data in the buffer.

Code to follow, when it is written and passes the compile test. :D

~Travis
I'm not crazy, I'm Autistic! (Asperger's)
Projects: Security Alarm (semi-running), Seismology (on hold), Inspection ROV (re-designing).

travis_farmer

Still exploring FIFO, and I reduced the 485 bus to half-duplex, with a CTS pseudo-interrupt to allow the next FIFO data to be sent.

Just an update, code will follow when it passes the compile test.

~Travis
Projects: Security Alarm (semi-running), Seismology (on hold), Inspection ROV (re-designing).

travis_farmer

I decided to do away with the GPS time source as it was too much of a slow-poke during startup. instead, I will use a RTC module from Sparkfun.

I am awaiting that shipment, so I don't have any code written for it yet.

I may still use the GPS time module to adjust the RTC now and then.

~Travis

travis_farmer

Found this.
https://github.com/tmiw/arduino-ntpd
why use my half-baked GPS time source, when I can use an Arduino as my own NTP server. :D
and the library I have for the RTC module can sync with NTP :D :D

~Travis

travis_farmer

I may have solved the monitor screen issue. I was trying to use a VGA module, that I still haven't gotten to work (defective hardware issue). then I came across this:
http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/TVout
I thought, how can it work with such a simple hardware setup, but it does. it is a little grainy, but it works! I used the library from Github though:
https://github.com/Avamander/arduino-tvout
at first I couldn't get it to work, until I studied the table from the first page a little more closely. I misread it and used the pins under MCU, rather than the pins under Arduino.

I am unsure how heavy it is on the MCU, but after I play around with it for a while, I will integrate it into my alarm system. it will likely be a separate module, and just display the status, and alerts.

~Travis

travis_farmer

I have attached a rough schematic of my TV out module. I have only to try it on a breadboard before I commit to a perf-board.

I have also attached the code PDF.

~Travis

travis_farmer

I have moved the code for this project to my Github dot com slash travisfarmer.

I did this so people following this thread can have access to the code for all components.

Hopefully this doesn't count as spam...

~Travis

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy