Go Down

Topic: Serial Port not found... (Read 825 times) previous topic - next topic

60centenergy

Hey guys I'm working on a senior project for college and am fairly new to Arduino.

I have been working with it and the software (Windows 7) for a few weeks now but just got an error today I've never gotten and I have tried everything (that I know of) to fix it.

I am getting an error reading my Arduino Uno 3 from the serial port. Mine is COM3 and that's what I've been using since I started the project.

When I try to upload even the simple "blink" code I get this.. I've restarted/reinstalled the software/reinstalled drivers/etc. and nothing works PLEASE HELP!

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r662/60centenergy/arduinoerror_zps8dad3d93.jpg

PatGreen

Hello!

I had this same problem while working on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I managed to fix the problem via running it under sudo. Try running it as administrator.

Hope this helps.

60centenergy

I was able to find another Arduino and it worked fine with my COM port.

I guess something happened with the R3 I have.. Does anyone else know of a solution or will I need to send it in to get it fixed?

James C4S

I had this same problem while working on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I managed to fix the problem via running it under sudo. Try running it as administrator.

This "fix" is specific to Linux and of no help to anyone on Windows.

Mine is COM3 and that's what I've been using since I started the project.

If the board stops enumerating (and showing up as a serial port) it usually means the ATmega8u2 chip that does the usb to serial work has been damaged.  Common reasons are:  changing connections while powered or accidentally connecting 12V a pin or shorting something out.

Is the device showing up at all in Device Manager?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up