Go Down

Topic: Receive data from linear potentiometer? (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

edsonedge

thanks for the reply┬┤s guys

one question:  should it matter if I connect 5v to what should be connected to ground and connect ground to what should be connected to 5v  ???

Shouldnt that just reverse the pot?

Best regards

cr0sh

On my example above, I am kinda intending the "100 ohm" resistor to be a current limiting resistor on the pot (if they are so fragile as to burn up under a low-current 5V source); reversing the connections (so that the 5V and grounds were swapped) would defeat that and probably burn the potentiometer out...?
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

frostin

Right pin 5v middle analog pin left pin ground usually... Usually...

Photo-Worx

Grumpy_Mike

cr0sh you said:-
reversing the connections (so that the 5V and grounds were swapped) would defeat that

I can't see how that is. Current has to flow from the power terminals through the pot to the other power terminal. To my mind it makes no difference where the protection resistor is, it will still limit the current. The arduino input is high impedance so that doesn't affect things.
Can you explain where I am thinking wrong?

Go Up