Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How can make things go up and down?  (Read 3907 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I have an Arduino Uno and I am really beginning in this Arduino world.

My project is a lighting project. I need to move my cylinder part (Light parts is inside of that part) of my design goes down and up. Which kind of motor I need? How can make this item movable? And how can I code Arduino for this kind of design. Any useful tutorial that you know, please post me. 

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_actuator

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Your description lacks specifics. How large is your cylinder and how fast is it expected to move, over what distance range?

You could use some simple motor and pulley and string to move things. You could use a motor and an arm so if you rotate the motor, the arm's one end goes up and down so reciprocating if you keep the motor spinning.

Melbourne, Australia
God Member
View Profile

Does the light have to go up and down?

Or can you simulate it by having multiple lights and turning them off and on to make it look like the lights are going up and down?

Windows serial port monitor: Tellurium | Arduino serial port debugging library: DBG | Cusom LCD char generator | Technical questions will only be answered in forum threads

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

Does the light have to go up and down?

Or can you simulate it by having multiple lights and turning them off and on to make it look like the lights are going up and down?

A cylon knocked down and lying on the ground? smiley

The OP seems to have stepped away.

Melbourne, Australia
God Member
View Profile

It sounded like he wanted to build something like the column in the Tardis - which is translucent. Unless someone can actually see the light, then simulating its movement ala my suggestion is probably easier and more reliable than introducing a mechanical component to the system.

Guess we'll have to wait and find out if the movement was for form or function.

Windows serial port monitor: Tellurium | Arduino serial port debugging library: DBG | Cusom LCD char generator | Technical questions will only be answered in forum threads

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: