Go Down

Topic: Testers wanted! (Read 16816 times) previous topic - next topic

lmsvvavr

Dec 07, 2013, 11:23 pm Last Edit: Dec 07, 2013, 11:25 pm by lmsvvavr Reason: 1
Hi! Its me again!  :)

Right, it seems that had a dodgy arduino mega...
A new mega and ethernet shield,  and everything is running smooth for over a week now...
More than used to last!
The only thing that is not working is the timers. ..

BobbyD

LED Lounge Controller working with Favorites:
Solved the issue with the missing buttons by selecting a color and saving it to " Favorites 1" . All six buttons returned and played properly. This is a very nice App for mood / seasonal lighting .
Thanks Marque !
BobbyD

marque

LED Lounge Controller working with Favorites:
Solved the issue with the missing buttons by selecting a color and saving it to " Favorites 1" . All six buttons returned and played properly. This is a very nice App for mood / seasonal lighting .
Thanks Marque !
BobbyD

Hi Bobby,

There should only be 4 favorite buttons. I think you are mixing up favorites and program buttons. Just to make clear:

Favorites
4 favorites buttons
can't be removed
can't be long pressed
when clicked the program stops and the the Led will fade into the selected color in approximately 500 ms
two ways to store a color
1 click left circle, select a color, click the inner circle, choose favorit 1 - 4
2 select a color with the sliders, click right circle, choose favorit 1 - 4

program loop
max. 6 programed colors
colors can be removed in two ways
1 long clicking them
buttons can't be clicked
buttons have an indicator to see in what color the program is.
2 store them with color "black"
two ways to store a color
1 click left circle, select a color, click the inner circle, choose program 1 - 6
2 select a color with the sliders, click right circle, choose program  1 - 6
The program loop will play when the "play button" is clicked
two parameters can be set to control the program speed, "fade time" and "delay time"
Fade time - time to fade from one color to another  (0-9  / 50ms - 3 minutes)
Delay time - time to stay in one color before fading to another  (0-9  / 0ms - 3 minutes)

Left circle
color picker to select any color you want

Right circle
button to select the current color of the LED

marque

A new mega and ethernet shield,  and everything is running smooth for over a week now...
More than used to last!

Wow, Your setup looks awesome!

I think the problem with the timers is in one of the stored eeprom values. You can try to reset aal eeprom values to zero by uploading and running the following code once. After running this once you can upload and run the Thermoduino code again.

Code: [Select]

void setup()
{
  // write a 0 to all 512 bytes of the EEPROM
  for (int i = 0; i < 512; i++)
    EEPROM.write(i, 0);

// turn the LED on when we're done
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
}

void loop()
{
}

marque

I had a look at thermoduino code, now, is correct to say that to add more sensors I just need to set the port in the "Void", for the "outdoors" for example, the outdoors is "int" as "ts3"...

The sensor data which is viewed on the android app are just comma separated lines of text sent by the arduino.

if (readString.indexOf("/get_status") >= 0) {
  DateTime now = RTC.now();
              client.print(Controller_Name);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(S);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(H);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(Td,1);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(Tc,1);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(now.hour());
              client.print(",");
              client.print(now.minute());
              client.print(",");
              client.print(now.dayOfWeek());
              client.print(",");
              client.print(wan_port);
              client.print(",");
             //here you can send any comma seperated line to the android app. eg; client.print("line one");client.print(",");client.print("line two");
              client.print(",");
              client.println(handshake);
            }

another thing I have experienced is that sometimes the app changes the settings on its own...
I have for example, first tab setted to one system, named "Ground Floor", ip and port, the second tab is named "First Floor", ip and port...
Sometimes the first tab changes to "First Floor", and the port number changes to the port of the other one... then both tabs read the same board...
Going to settings and change the name and port resolves the problem... until for some reason it changes it again...

Is this still happening?

lmsvvavr

More than used to last!

Wow, Your setup looks awesome!

I think the problem with the timers is in one of the stored eeprom values. You can try to reset aal eeprom values to zero by uploading and running the following code once. After running this once you can upload and run the Thermoduino code again.

void setup()
{
  // write a 0 to all 512 bytes of the EEPROM
  for (int i = 0; i < 512; i++)
    EEPROM.write(i, 0);

// turn the LED on when we're done
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
}

void loop()
{
}

Hi marque!

Thank you for the reply.
I will have a go and will report back the results.

lmsvvavr

I had a look at thermoduino code, now, is correct to say that to add more sensors I just need to set the port in the "Void", for the "outdoors" for example, the outdoors is "int" as "ts3"...

The sensor data which is viewed on the android app are just comma separated lines of text sent by the arduino.

if (readString.indexOf("/get_status") >= 0) {
  DateTime now = RTC.now();
              client.print(Controller_Name);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(S);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(H);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(Td,1);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(Tc,1);
              client.print(",");
              client.print(now.hour());
              client.print(",");
              client.print(now.minute());
              client.print(",");
              client.print(now.dayOfWeek());
              client.print(",");
              client.print(wan_port);
              client.print(",");
             //here you can send any comma seperated line to the android app. eg; client.print("line one");client.print(",");client.print("line two");
              client.print(",");
              client.println(handshake);
            }

another thing I have experienced is that sometimes the app changes the settings on its own...
I have for example, first tab setted to one system, named "Ground Floor", ip and port, the second tab is named "First Floor", ip and port...
Sometimes the first tab changes to "First Floor", and the port number changes to the port of the other one... then both tabs read the same board...
Going to settings and change the name and port resolves the problem... until for some reason it changes it again...

Is this still happening?

Thank you for the reply.
Indeed I have managed to get extra sensors working... by int the ts3, ts2 etc... and add to read their values under loop.
That's sorted!

About the app changing the settings, it still happening... not as often, so I think that the dodgy arduino mega I had was triggering the problem to happen more times...

A question that's probably not for this thread, I have connected the setup to a 12volts power supply, and I have noticed that the voltage regulator gets a bit hot, the same with 9 volts.
Does this damage the boards?
With 5 volts the relays do not work, unless I feed the relays with external 5 volts..

marque

Dec 16, 2013, 11:20 am Last Edit: Dec 16, 2013, 11:25 am by marque Reason: 1

About the app changing the settings, it still happening... not as often, so I think that the dodgy arduino mega I had was triggering the problem to happen more times...

Do both arduino boards have different IP and MAC addresses? You can check it in serial monitor. Change mac[5] for every board.  MAC is set in the following code
void start_ethernet()
{
 if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("Ethernet start");
 if (EEPROM.read(1) == '#') {
   if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("mac found ");
   for (int i = 3; i < 6; i++) {
     mac[i] = EEPROM.read(i);
   }
 }
 else {
   if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("mac not found ");
   mac[3] = 237;
   mac[4] = 254;
   mac[5] = 240;               // change this for every arduino you use. 241, 242, 243, 244 etc...

EEPROM.write(i, mac[i]);
   }
   EEPROM.write(1, '#');
 }

In case you want to change the mac, first you need to clear the EEPROM (see two posts back for how to do this)

A question that's probably not for this thread, I have connected the setup to a 12volts power supply, and I have noticed that the voltage regulator gets a bit hot, the same with 9 volts.
Does this damage the boards?
With 5 volts the relays do not work, unless I feed the relays with external 5 volts..

It's better not to power the board with 12V or the regulator can get really hot. It looks like your 5V power supply is not up for the job. I power all my arduinos with a powered usb hub.

lmsvvavr

Dec 16, 2013, 12:05 pm Last Edit: Dec 16, 2013, 12:27 pm by lmsvvavr Reason: 1

Do both arduino boards have different IP and MAC addresses? You can check it in serial monitor. Change mac[5] for every board.  MAC is set in the following code
void start_ethernet()
{
 if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("Ethernet start");
 if (EEPROM.read(1) == '#') {
   if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("mac found ");
     mac[i] = EEPROM.read(i);
   }
 }
 else {
   if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("mac not found ");
   mac[3] = 237;
   mac[4] = 254;
   mac[5] = 240;               // change this for every arduino you use. 241, 242, 243, 244 etc...

EEPROM.write(i, mac[i]);
   }
   EEPROM.write(1, '#');
 }

In case you want to change the mac, first you need to clear the EEPROM (see two posts back for how to do this)

Both boards have different IP and MAC, however I have done it in a slightly different way...

byte mac[6] = {
 0x00, 0x45, 0xAC, 0xED, 0xFE, 0xF0 };
IPAddress temp_ip;
IPAddress dhcp_ip;
IPAddress gw_ip;
IPAddress dns_ip;
EthernetServer server(90);

I had to also change the port... otherwise wouldn't work.
But I might try your suggestion for the mac... and see the results.

As for the power supply I am using a 750w (Total power) ATX power supply.
If am not wrong, and from the top of my head, is capable of 28 amp on the 5v, I am only powering my Access Point and one tablet, and when I connect the arduino the relays do not work.
I can try to feed the relays separately, it my work that way.

lmsvvavr

Marque

I have tried your code to reset the eprom, it made no difference.
When I open the timer, the app freezes, and a few seconds later I get the message that the Thermoduino stopped working.
and the option to wait or close, if I press wait, the device freezes, until the app closed on its own.

I have know feed the boards with 5v, and a separate 5v for the relays, it works ok, and obviously less heat on the regulator...
will keep it like that. 

BobbyD

Marque,
You are correct , it is the " program " buttons I was referring to and all is working properly . I have tried all the functions you mention in the description you wrote and all work as you stated.

My next questions have to do with the arduino code that contains the RTC function . Were you looking to use this for scheduled lighting functions?
Do you plan on adding more RGB LED's so multiple patterns can be set up ?

Thanks again,
Bob

redcell

Dec 26, 2013, 07:35 pm Last Edit: Dec 30, 2013, 06:04 am by redcell Reason: 1
I finally received all parts to build the thermoduino pro and it works, really nice... thnx

however the android app crashes when I try to open the clock icon to set timers..

First I tought maybe it is a KitKat issue, but I also tried it on another android device with Jellybean and it also crashes whenever I try to open the clock to set timers.... do the clock/timers work allready? because it's a beta app?

I am using stock android btw no mods... only rooted..

Are there people who have the clock/timers working in the android app?

Btw the clock icon does display the correct time.. so that is working...

Also whenever I set a name for the profile, for example "Thermostaat" or "Thuis" it is stored as: "Thuis%0A$ HTTP/1.1$" in the EPROM, it adds this garbage "%0A$ HTTP/1.1$" string behind the name in the profile???

What also would be nice, a flame icon/image to see when the thermostat/cv is actually heating/turned on, all thermostats have this...

lmsvvavr

I finally received all parts to build the thermoduino pro and it works, really nice... thnx

however the android app crashes when I try to open the clock icon to set timers..

First I tought maybe it is a KitKat issue, but I also tried it on another android device with Jellybean and it also crashes whenever I try to open the clock to set timers.... do the clock/timers work allready? because it's a beta app?

Also whenever I set a name for the profile, for example "Thermostaat" or "Thuis" it is stored as: "Thuis%0A$ HTTP/1.1$" in the EPROM, it adds this garbage "%0A$ HTTP/1.1$" string behind the name in the profile???

What also would be nice, a flame icon/image to see when the thermostat/cv is actually heating/turned on, all thermostats have this...

Hi redcell...
I have the same problem with the timers... and the same behavior from the device...
The trial app run out end of January, hopefully marque is working on release the final and revamped app. 

marque

Hi,

finally had some time to work on the next update.
Timer issue should be solved as well as the wrong stored name.

Let me know if it worked for you?

marque

Marque,
You are correct , it is the " program " buttons I was referring to and all is working properly . I have tried all the functions you mention in the description you wrote and all work as you stated.

My next questions have to do with the arduino code that contains the RTC function . Were you looking to use this for scheduled lighting functions?
Do you plan on adding more RGB LED's so multiple patterns can be set up ?

Thanks again,
Bob

Hi,
RTC wont be used for scheduled lighting functions by the rgb controller.
I will make a function to store and load patterns. i keep you posted on that!

Go Up