Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Testers wanted!  (Read 14608 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Marque

I have tried your code to reset the eprom, it made no difference.
When I open the timer, the app freezes, and a few seconds later I get the message that the Thermoduino stopped working.
and the option to wait or close, if I press wait, the device freezes, until the app closed on its own.

I have know feed the boards with 5v, and a separate 5v for the relays, it works ok, and obviously less heat on the regulator...
will keep it like that. 

I found out there is a build is safety in the EEPROMEx library that doesn't allow more than 100 writes at once.
you should add
Code:
  EEPROM.setMaxAllowedWrites(30000);

So the new code to reset the EEPROM with the EEPROMEx library is bellow. This is now implemented in the sketch

Code:
void setup()
{
 EEPROM.setMaxAllowedWrites(30000);
 // write a 0 to all 512 bytes of the EEPROM
  for (int i = 0; i < 512; i++)
    EEPROM.write(i, 0);

// turn the LED on when we're done
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
}

void loop()
{
}

If you still have problems with the timers please send me your setup serial output.

View Profile

Hi,

finally had some time to work on the next update.
Timer issue should be solved as well as the wrong stored name.

Let me know if it worked for you?

Yes it works now thanx, alltough it only worked after running the code to clear the EEPROM first and then running the new updated sketch.

View Profile

I was wondering, you disabled alot of code in the sketch.. for example the cosm code, cosm is now xively and the librarie for cosm is allmost the same or identical to the xively librarie, so I replaced all cosm code in the sketch with xively and tried it, but it doesn't seem to work.

Did you disable it because it wasn't working?

Because integration with xively so you can keep track of the temperatures and humidity over a longer period of time is a welcome function...

I hope you could enable xively support in the code again...

Also the aviso library code in the sketch to receive push notifications on android/idevices seems nice, I tried enabling the aviso code, but got lots of compile errors, so you probably disabled it for a reason...

what also would be nice instead of aviso a send mail option, most notification services, like pushover, notify my android etc.. can receive push messages by sending an email to a certain email adress, to get push messages on android/idevices at certain temperatures would be nice...

View Profile

Hi,

Yes it works now thanx, alltough it only worked after running the code to clear the EEPROM first and then running the new updated sketch.

Good to see you got the timers working. It's correct you had to clear the EEPROM manualy. The sketch only does this the first time you run it on your board

View Profile

I was wondering, you disabled alot of code in the sketch.. for example the cosm code, cosm is now xively and the librarie for cosm is allmost the same or identical to the xively librarie, so I replaced all cosm code in the sketch with xively and tried it, but it doesn't seem to work.

Did you disable it because it wasn't working?

Because integration with xively so you can keep track of the temperatures and humidity over a longer period of time is a welcome function...

I hope you could enable xively support in the code again...

Also the aviso library code in the sketch to receive push notifications on android/idevices seems nice, I tried enabling the aviso code, but got lots of compile errors, so you probably disabled it for a reason...

what also would be nice instead of aviso a send mail option, most notification services, like pushover, notify my android etc.. can receive push messages by sending an email to a certain email adress, to get push messages on android/idevices at certain temperatures would be nice...

The cosm library I use still works with Xively. I commented the Cosm and Avviso out because they are not required for the purpose of the examples. my own boards upload all data to Xively and i recieve notifications on my android via Avviso and Notifier my Android. Did you install the Cosm and Xively librarys?

My Cosm / Xively feeds: https://xively.com/search?q=marque. All generated by arduino's. Jup, now you can see when my alarm is armed :-)

View Profile

I replaced the cosm library with the newer xively library and changed "cosm" in the skecth with "xively" and "Cosm" with "Xively"

the reason it was not working, I forgot to uncomment all instances of "sendData()" troughout the sketch, DUH, now it is working...

thnx

Turns out I don't need aviso, in xively you can set triggers to send http post commands,  with a http post command you can send push notifications to pushover, notify my android, etc..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:42:30 am by redcell » Logged

View Profile

Hi,

Good to see you got the timers working. It's correct you had to clear the EEPROM manualy. The sketch only does this the first time you run it on your board

Hi marque

Timers are indeed working know...
Good work!
Two issues to feedback...
The timers when opened in landscape become impossible to save, as you can't scroll down to make the buttons visible.
I was trying to attach a picture so you can see what I mean, but getting an error about folder full or something like that...
Also, the app still not working on android 4.0.4...
Are you planning to compile the app for earlier versions of android?

View Profile

Do both arduino boards have different IP and MAC addresses? You can check it in serial monitor. Change mac[5] for every board.  MAC is set in the following code
Code:
void start_ethernet()
{
  if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("Ethernet start");
  if (EEPROM.read(1) == '#') {
    if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("mac found ");
    for (int i = 3; i < 6; i++) {
      mac[i] = EEPROM.read(i);
    }
  }
  else {
    if (DEBUG5) Serial.println("mac not found ");
    mac[3] = 237;
    mac[4] = 254;
    mac[5] = 240;               // change this for every arduino you use. 241, 242, 243, 244 etc...
    for (int i = 3; i < 6; i++) {

EEPROM.write(i, mac[i]);
    }
    EEPROM.write(1, '#');
  }
In case you want to change the mac, first you need to clear the EEPROM (see two posts back for how to do this)

Both boards have different IP and MAC, however I have done it in a slightly different way...

Code:
byte mac[6] = {
  0x00, 0x45, 0xAC, 0xED, 0xFE, 0xF0 };
IPAddress temp_ip;
IPAddress dhcp_ip;
IPAddress gw_ip;
IPAddress dns_ip;
EthernetServer server(90);

I had to also change the port... otherwise wouldn't work.
But I might try your suggestion for the mac... and see the results.

As for the power supply I am using a 750w (Total power) ATX power supply.
If am not wrong, and from the top of my head, is capable of 28 amp on the 5v, I am only powering my Access Point and one tablet, and when I connect the arduino the relays do not work.
I can try to feed the relays separately, it my work that way.

Finally have resolved the issue with loosing the connection with one of the systems...
I left the port as default, the 80, and that was what was causing it...
Changed the port to 190 and for couple months have had no issues.
Hope this piece of info can help others...

Ontario, Canada
View Profile

Hello Marque,
I went to open the Lounge LED Controller app on my Google phone and it says " Test version expired " .
is there a new version available for download?
Thanks for the help,
BobbyD

Ontario, Canada
View Profile

Marque,
I downloaded and re-installed the app file again and all is working as before . Are you doing anything more with this app in the future ?
I like using it fo my hall lighting control . My friends think it is neat as well !
BobbyD

View Profile

I have added some functions to the thermoduino pro
because I have it in my livingroom, I was also able to control other devices with the thermoduino, a waste to use multiple arduino's when you can do everything with just one.

added the following functions:
-send RF signals to control my electric beamer screen
-send RF signals to power on/off 10 RF sockets troughout my home (tv,tv upstairs,computer,lights,waterboiler,etc..)
-send IR signals to control my airco
-receive RF signal to intercept my doorbell and trigger a php script to send  a pushover message whenever somebody rings my doorbell to my tablet/phone and put this in a emoncms feed
-send IR signals to control my Samsung HW-C560S Amplifier
-send IR signals to control my appletv
-send IR signals to power on/off my acer H5360 beamer
-send IR signals to control a 2 meter rgb ledstrip in a bookcase in my livingroom  http://dx.com/p/jr-5050-waterproof-72w-4500lm-300-5050-smd-led-rgb-light-strip-w-remote-controller-12v-175950
-send Wake on Lan to start my HTPC
-send UPD messages to controll limitlessled/milight wifi bulbs (cheaper philips hue clones)
-send temperature, humidity, thermostat on/off, uptime to my dedicated server running emoncms, can also be used to log data to emoncms.org if you don't have a server of your own and want something else then xively
-enabled sending temperature, humidity, thermostat on/off, uptime to xively
-commented code in Thermoduino Pro wich I wasn't using, to make the code shorter

needed:
-IR transmitter connected to pin 46
-RF transmitter connected to pin 22
-RF receiver connected to pin 20

and these libraries:
Xively.h
RemoteTransmitter.h
RemoteReceiver.h
IRremote.h

phpfile to send pushover message whenever doorbell is rang and also put this in a feed on emoncms whenever doorbell rang:
Code:
?php
curl_setopt_array($ch = curl_init(), array(
CURLOPT_URL => "https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json",
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS => array(
"token" => "yourtoken",
"user" => "userkey",
"message" => "Somebody is at your door, the doorbell rings!",
)));
curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

$url = 'http://someserver.com/emoncms/api/post?apikey=YOURAPIKEYHERE&json={doorbell:1}';
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$contents = curl_exec ($ch);
curl_close ($ch);
?>

thermoduino pro code diff file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/95y2sfh8o0bpz2y/original.patch

used the ios/android app NetIO
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luvago.netio&hl=nl
https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/netio/id464924297?mt=8

to control everything:
http://avenant.net/alles.png
http://avenant.net/thermo.png

And I use Tasker with AutoVoice on android so i can also control everything with voice commands from my android phone including the Thermoduino Pro

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joaomgcd.autovoice
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:31:06 pm by redcell » Logged

View Profile

Hi marque!

You Thermoduino Android app has now expired...
Could you release another version?

Also, when do you plan to release the final version, even if paid????

View Profile

Hi marque!

You Thermoduino Android app has now expired...
Could you release another version?

Also, when do you plan to release the final version, even if paid????

New version is online. Saving timers in landscape is solved.

View Profile

I was just wondering something...

The Thermoduino does alot of writing/reading/updating to the EEPROM, like every 5 minutes or so...

it says here:

http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/EEPROMWrite

"The EEPROM memory has a specified life of 100,000 write/erase cycles, so you may need to be careful about how often you write to it."

So basicly every 5 minutes is 12 times in an hour X 24 hours X 7 days X 52 weeks, that's at least 104832 writes/reads in a year, and that's if you don't use the app alot to change things, or just view the settings so the data gets updated in the app, then you even get a higher number...

So basicly after 1 year or less, the arduino mega's EEPROM memory will be destroyed...

So maybe the internet of things (IoT) cloud storage like Xively, Emoncms, etc.. is a better way to store this data and pull it from with the app, just my 2 cents....
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:56:40 pm by redcell » Logged

View Profile

I was just wondering something...

The Thermoduino does alot of writing/reading/updating to the EEPROM, like every 5 minutes or so...

it says here:

http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/EEPROMWrite

"The EEPROM memory has a specified life of 100,000 write/erase cycles, so you may need to be careful about how often you write to it."

So basicly every 5 minutes is 12 times in an hour X 24 hours X 7 days X 52 weeks, that's at least 104832 writes/reads in a year, and that's if you don't use the app alot to change things, or just view the settings so the data gets updated in the app, then you even get a higher number...

So basicly after 1 year or less, the arduino mega's EEPROM memory will be destroyed...

So maybe the internet of things (IoT) cloud storage like Xively, Emoncms, etc.. is a better way to store this data and pull it from with the app, just my 2 cents....

The Program only writes EEPROM data when the set temperature changes or when you set a new timer. So with an avarage of four daily timers your arduino will do its work for over 50 years. No worry's  smiley
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:56:51 am by marque » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Jump to: