Go Down

Topic: Arduino 1.0.4 IDE freeze for several minutes, frequently (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Currently using Arduino 1.0.4 on a Windows 7 (64-bit) machine (decently powered - Core i5 (quad-core), 6GB RAM). I am using Java SE 1.6.0_45.

The problematic behavior I observed, is very similar to what is mentioned in these very old threads (2011, and some as old has 2009) --

So, wondering if the problem still does exist in the latest rxtx lib used by Arduino ?

I do have 2 other (apart from Arduino's FTDI one) virtual COM-port drivers installed (but currently, the devices are not plugged-in). The other COM-port drivers are:

• PL2303HX based TTL-Serial converter

• USBASP programmer

The problem is quite bothersome. So, should I use the RXTX lib (hacked) mentioned in the solution circa. Feb 2011 ?

Just to let others know - I didn't find a solution to my problem.

So I ditched Arduino on Windows (at least for now), and moved my dev work to Linux. Works flawlessly.
Having recently discovered Arduino-mk (Makefile based), build workflow, I am happily using Vim (with Arduino aware syntax highlighting) and having a gala time :-)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131